1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Satin Balls...recipe for dog feed

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Bubba, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I copied this from another board, thanks to LPD for the original post...

<TABLE width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[font=verdana, arial]<!--msg-->I am going to post a recipe which has been very valuable to me.. This recipe is a total canine diet if one were to feed it as such....It is great for weaning pups, feeding dogs with mouth injuries or soreness, dogs that are having a hard time keeping weight up or just as a treat. The batch cost about 40-50.00 to make and lasts for a while....I hope others on the board will enjoy and utilize the recipe as we have over the years. :-)

SATIN BALLS:
    10lbs of ground beef (fattiest/cheapest)
    1 lg box of Total Cereral
    (use Total brand name it has the vitamins in it you need...cheaper brands don't)
    1 lg box of Oats
    1 lg jar of Wheat Germ
    1 jar unsulfured Molasses
    1 doz eggs
    1 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup cold compressed flax seed oil
    (if you can't find this...add another cup of vegetable oil)
    1 tsp salt
    10 packs Knox Gelatin

Mix all ingredients together, much like you would a meatloaf.

Divide into 10 quart freezer bags and freeze. Thaw as needed. Keep refrigerated :-)
    Please don't feed with kibble, give opposite of your kibble(ex SB in AM-kibble in PM)...raw meats are digested much quicker than kibble and the kibble will lay in your dogs stomach longer.

[/font]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Thanks for the recipe. will keep it handy.