1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

seal dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by gog123, Dec 23, 2009.

1. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

wardog thats a bad ass dog.never seen that color b4

2. AGame

AGame CH Dog

yes me either most seal colored dogs have a darker line on the back but thats alot lighter shade on the body than the spine reminds me of a buckskin color horse

3. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Seal can have reddish or gray tint in it. Also, it can be only visible in certain light, so the dog looks black from a distance, or if there is enough of it, the dog can appear grey(bluish)/brown/reddish even from a distance.

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Thats one good looking hound you got there Wardog ;)

Here is her Sis....A darker shade than Bella but not Black either.

[​IMG]

Hopefully theres more depth to them than that unique color;)

5. AGame

AGame CH Dog

thats a perfect example of most seals in different lighting u can see red and blue and gray and some silver even which wardogs dog seems to have alot of

6. AGame

AGame CH Dog

here is another good exaple of them looking blue,[​IMG]

this is a scatterbred 4yo bitch i own she is 40 lbs now but conditioned she is around 36,37

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

8. AGame

AGame CH Dog

thats a damn fine bulldog right there

9. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

yeah i love the look of silverback, wonder how he produces as some say ca jack is purely a sales man.

10. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

tht dog aint bred bad iether

11. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Thanks everyone! I do like her color too! It is very unique. I have never seen one look like that either until now anyways.

12. chbk

chbk Big Dog

[​IMG]
    click on for larger pic

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  13. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

A blue dog is not the same thing as a seal. They are two different colors. A seal dog appears black but has reddish or brown tones when viewed in the sunlight.

14. Patchwork

Patchwork Big Dog

My dog Voodoo is a seal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. AGame

AGame CH Dog

well yes you are correct if you go buy the ADBA color chart but before the color was so popular any form of dilute black dogs were called seal by everyone i have been around or they would call it gray but i never really heard em call em blue

16. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Seal is a beautiful color. They are black in the shade and a very rich reddish brown in the sun. I had one myself. Well bred APBT outta BAs Tango.

17. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

I've seen about a dozen or so boyles dogs with this color... So I wouldn't consider it too unique, but verry neat looking in my opinion... Reminds me. Of the interesting coloring there bolio cousins" tonka bear" dogs were known for but darker...

18. Patchwork

Patchwork Big Dog

I have seen a lot of the seal here recently. Black is what I don't see too often.

19. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I've had a couple seal fosters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one that shows a black and seal together for comparison...

[​IMG]

20. [​IMG]

This is my seal girly!!!