1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Seperating puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by HogdogFla, Dec 30, 2016.

1. HogdogFla

HogdogFla Pup

At what age do you start to tie out and separate puppies? Mine are 7mo and they go on the tie out mostly but at the day time they're running around with each other for alot of the day.I heard I was messing them up by doing this letting them be pets too much they won't want to start supposedly .but they start on each other so easy I have to monitor them.kind of confused and not wanting to leash them so much or separate them all the time this early unless it's necessary.

2. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Separate when needed

Bagdadbulldog, Pitken and HogdogFla like this.
  3. HogdogFla

HogdogFla Pup

And letting them play together everyday isn't taking nothing from them in the long run if they ever go to start ?

4. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

If they started it dont see why it would matter if they played a million times prior to them getting the itch .

HogdogFla likes this.
  5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Playing together ain't gone hurt them.Seperate when it's time,I've had to pull some at 6 weeks of age and out of the same litter had one that didn't turn on till he was 3 yrs of age.No set time limit on when it will happen but playing together ain't gone hurt them.Personally I love to watch them play .

6. Beartrap

Beartrap Big Dog

As long as they are playing together fine,there is no need to separate them.

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Thier always comes a time lol.

Beartrap and HogdogFla like this.
  8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

It requires some common since ...

AGK and pitbulld0gs like this.
  9. Beartrap

Beartrap Big Dog

Yes I know! But until that time they should be fine.jmo

HogdogFla and bamaman like this.