1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

shock collars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BishopBullyZ13, Mar 3, 2009.

1. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

My Mother Has an APBT That Barks Allnight, Cops Went to her house caz neighbor complained,..Jus wondering if the bark collars affect there aggression??or if they affect them anyway if anyone knows from expeirence???or do tey even work?.......I would HATE For her to have to use one....ive had my fair share of being stunned and it aint fun........Is it considered cruel??? She just doesnt know what the do.......the only thing i could think of was to use one of the collars for a lil while then take it off and see if he stops for good or starts at it again to see if would have to use it permently...........Im pretty sure he was just spooked by somthing lastnight.....but she insisted on doing something about it.( i know if the neighbors were getting there house broke into at night, they would have wished the dog too bark to prevent intruders....as to why my mom likes to dogs in the first place (as comfort, and proetection).........I told her to just F*@$ it......and let him bark.....he's a dog. whatta u expect..the neighbors will give in soon...right??........ne ways.......do it cauze aggression???

2. i had a bark collar one of my rat terriers. it didn't make her more aggressive. and it also did not work. it has to be pretty tight on the neck because the prongs have to contact her skin, but this caused irritation and it started digging into her skin (causing the affected area to turn red, swell) so i took it off and threw it in the kitchen junk drawer.

there's got to be another way.

I'd try one of those citrollen sprayer bark collars, and the ultra-sonic one if that doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  3. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

hmm.....He was inside dog until about a week ago...Maybe he's gotta get used to his surroundings...and then maybe he will stop?? i have a bark collar in a junk door myself here somewhere....dont remeber how i aquired it......but it has the 2 prongs....just making sure that "It wouldnt hurt to try"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  4. Turner

Turner Big Dog

I'm using one of my Jazz now but I only put it on her when she starts to bark. I don't want it on at all times Cause of the prongs causing irritation and it such. It still works that way cause if she barks, she gets the damn thing put on, which she hates. lol

5. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

Is it your dog or hers? Does the dog get exercise during the day? Maybe take the dog for a half hour walk, play, or work before it gets dark. That may settle some of his nerves.

6. simms

simms CH Dog

No they dont cause fucking aggression, it is the adverse reaction to barking! If you use one, you have to have enough sense to check that collar every day and rotate it. Cause it will and can fuck your dog up. Buy your mom a crate and have her bring the dog in the house at night. Those niebors have every right to complain if the dog is barking right next door.

7. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Bring the dog in at night then, or teach it to stop barking