1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Should I get a SBT? Title sounds dumb, I know.

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by SnoopDawg, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Swiper

Swiper Pup

I think getting an sbt as your first dog is like a first girlfriend who may have happened to be the best thing you were destined to ever find in your life. But she was taken for granted. The things she did well were never appreciated. Her value was not appreciated because the eye and knowledge was untrained for what to see and what to encourage.

Not knowing how to understand her because she was high maintenance, good looking, very naughty but 100% loyal at all times.

Relationships take lot of work. This breed can do it all but it takes a special type of person to bring it out of the dog.

And the risks associated with this breed.
    Its like a sexy smart educated woman who looks for a smart educated rich older man who knows how to treat and take care of her.

Its not a good fit for a woman like this to choose a green horn as a companion.
    Just like; imo a newbie dog owner to choose a sbt as their first dog.

Just my opinion while I sit on the porcelain throne.

2. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Pup

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Snoop I dont believe you want one of them lol.I surely aint tryin to talk u out of gettin what you want.If you want a SBT go ahead and you one.I was just giving u advice on how to prepare yourself..In the USA the media doesnt see the difference between a APBT,SBT,Amstaff,American Bully....its all APBT to them ,our APBT shoulders the blame for all.Sad but true.

4. cruze

cruze Pup

I cant belive the people that are so scared of them dont realize APBTs are bred to be non human agressive, lots of dogs that were bred to be GAURD dogs and HA are being confused with a dog that the same people that are so scared of a APBT wouldent even know its a pitbull! I showed my gma in law what a apbt really is and she was like "that?" my amstaff is closer to what the public would call a APBT because hes stocky and has a big head and muscles.

5. Swiper

Swiper Pup

Get ready for some expenses bro. Also more expenses if your leashed dog kills an off leash dog you may likely still be liable for the other dogs medical expenses.

Those dogs on that site are kinda like a big 4x4 truck with all the bells and whistles to go offroad......but all it ever touches is pavement. And when you do decide to get your dick wet, you break an axle.

I hate it when people get a dog to show off some part of themselves that is lacking.

6. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

Sure a 30 pound could pass for some kinda not known to some . The truth is easy to find , some staffs are not faking any one .
    I had one many years ago,my first 35 pound sweet dog ... WOW .... I found out & $300 bucks later .
    lets face it show / working still = in the real world a dog that is not for a beginner ,& Not walking away from a scrap.I kinda feel the SBT game or not is a fantastic dog , small easy to manage at that size . But they have this confidence around other dogs with a touch of Napoleon complex ( have some thing to prove) .
    They are not the type to run away in fear .
    It's easy to get lulled into thinking OH what a nice dog I have with other dogs , & 10 years no problem
    and finally your dog does a meet and greet , the other dog shows it's hackles a stiff stance all in a blink - -WOW - -I mean WOW and here the only thing you have is a poop bag.

7. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

No matter what you get same risk's .

Since it's the same risks

A SBT is better then one of them bullies cause with a SBT you would have the pride in knowing you have a breed from English stock with a direction of show standards in 1935 Thats history Snoop, some thing to be proud of .

A real APBT is a great dog more trustworthy then a bully IMO
    For me the Bully types retained some recent mastiff
    boldness around people temperament .
    They just don't give me the same feel as a real APBT.
    It could be not real , what I will tell you, or just in my head
    But any time I meet a APBT it's like they know me and I know them - it's a connection you see in there Eyes.
    those bullies look at you like
    HEY YOU LOOKING AT ME - WHY YOU LOOKING AT ME - Those F******* expect you to stop looking first.

APBT's look at you - you look at them . & it's like get your A** over here and scratch my head .
    Or they look at you and look off in another direction to let you know there is no problem.
    I'm not looking to sound irresponsible but I feel the APBT is the sweetest most human trustworthy dog ever
    I have way less trust for other breeds.
    The bully type Is not a APBT thats all, IMO.
    ------------
    If your going to take the plunge with all the risks that are real with any Pit type
    To not get a real APBT from a recent game breeding is a loss for you .

8. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

Well said & killed 2 birds with one stone

9. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

its not bully type, they are a breed of there own called American Bullies, they are they're own breed and have there own registy and can be registered through ukc. Don't get them confused.

10. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

The only way you'll learn is by getting a dog!!! Reading books is ok as a guideline.Hands on is the best way.We all started somewhere and learnt by our mistakes!!!!!

11. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

thx, i was wondering why guys were shouting rules ! the guy. If you want the dog, get the dog. I'm sure most of us did just that. The books and shit come later or first, its your preference.Ive never owned another type of dog but a shih tzu. But i have been around hundreds and i can say there is a "learning curve" as far as chewing and biting on stuff, Dog aggression, yard security(i had a few who could clear a 6ft fence easy), and there dominant but submissive attitude.

12. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

13. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Pup

14. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

Yes they are there own breed , I understand that ,

Now I only say this as IMO - when a breeder is selling really thick looking dogs & is like so sure thats what they get all the time .
    more often then not it's
    Gottiline pitbulls or Razors Edge Pitbulls. & they seem very determined to use the name Pitbulls in there wording

Raising Cain - seems to be trying to prove they produce dogs great for the - public , service - therapeutic
    and also mentioning 135 pound dogs ? ? . It's adding more confusion for the public .

Considering the APBT has some breeding that got lost with help from the public .
    If years in the future the Bully type gets lost . What breed of dog suffers from messed up breeding of Gottiline pitbulls or Razors Edge Pitbulls.
    The APBT .
    I don't want to preach - love your dog what ever you have but this bully stuff is going to send a fetal blow
    when the novelty of the high cost gets tiring and street versions start showing up.
    Once that goes down
    who takes the hit . A line of dog laying claim to year 2001 or one that goes back 300 plus years

15. Swiper

Swiper Pup

16. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Snoop why dont you go and troll another forum.

17. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Pup

18. Swiper

Swiper Pup

Ur right ursaminor.

But for what its worth. Snoop, get a gerbil to match your missing part.

19. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

Yeaah.........it will go with your gold-fish.........dohhhhhhhhhh...............snoopy..............lol...lol....

20. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog