1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Show Or Game

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by GACAM, Jul 8, 2006.

1. GACAM

GACAM Big Dog

(HE HAS THE FAMOUS BLUE LOL) I WAS AT WORK AND A GUY WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS PUPPIES. I MENT TO ASK HIM ABOUT THE PED BUT WE WENT BACC IN AFTER BREAK(HE WORKS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WAREHOUSE). THERE WAS ONE GUY THERE THAT BOUGHT ONE. I ASK HIM AND HE SAID COLBY,WATCHDOG, AND RAZORS EDGE AND AMSTAFF. I ASK HIM IF ITS GAME OR SHOW? HE SAID GAME. I TOLD HIM THAT AMSTAFF IS A SHOW DOG. IS it consider game cuz of the colby? ill ask the breeder monday about it also. iv been studying the breed for about a year and 3months know so him still knew to the breed.

2. GACAM

GACAM Big Dog

i am not making fun of any blue dog owners

3. jessiepbg

jessiepbg Big Dog

It's not game just because it has Colby somewhere, way back in the lines. I believe RE can trace itself back to Colby, but I might be mistaken. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about, just ignore him.

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

No, the pup would not be considered "game" b/c of the Colby blood. Far from it. Watchdog & Razor's Edge are staff show lines & the other bloodline was "AmStaff" (whatever that means!). [​IMG]

So, it sounds like the pup is actually more show bred than anything.

Further, many ppl would not even consider the pups to be purebred. This is b/c many consider AmStaffs a different breed from pit bulls & RE dogs to be mixed w/ Eng. Bulldog.

And you might want to tell your friend AmStaff is a breed of dog, not a bloodline! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2006
  5. CB

CB CH Dog

A dog cant be game when its born. You have to prove gameness. Game gets thrown around to easily and is used wrong. You can have a Game BRED dog but you cant have a game dog until it has proven its self. But if your asking if its game bred i would say hell no.

6. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Figure out what you want. If you want a blue one get a blue one. If you want a gamedog get a gamedog. Don't let people tell you what you want. Get whatever will make you happy.

7. GACAM

GACAM Big Dog

I Knew They Ppups Were Amstaff But He Said Blue Pit.i Didnt Have Anyone Else There To Bacc Me Up On What I Know. I Should Have Said Somthing Right There.but I Was The Only One There That Knew They Were Amstaff. Cuz I Hate When People Claim Things They Dont Have.ima Gonna Tell Buddy Monday You Just Got A Amstaff. I

8. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Actually CB I think a dog is or is not game when it is born, you just don't know which one it is until you test it. I have read about Am Staffs that turned out to be game after they were tested, I just happen to believe the dog is born with this characteristic or it is not. JMO

9. CB

CB CH Dog

Actually gameness doesnt come natural in a dog IMO. It takes dedication of the handler to build up that dog to test him/her for gameness. You cant go to a litter of pups and say ohh that was is the game one its not that easy. To me it is 80% Handler and 20% dog and this is my opinion. I know alot of people that can get a good dog and still let it lose because of a bad keep and some of the best dogmen can get a average dog and still win with it because of better handling. This is my opinion im sure yall might disagree. Im just saying a pup isnt game when its born.

10. most definately not game bred.

11. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I respect what you are saying but I would say it differently, I think game is an inherent characteristic a dog is born with much like a human that is a "natural" athlete. Learning to exhibit the "game" in the dog takes dedication and good handling, but you have to have something to work with first. I agree a dog is not born with the ability to prove itself, that must be taught for sure. I guess the best example of what I am saying is a dog that is "dead game". Now here is an animal that is bested by its opponent but will not give up, that in my opinion is not taught, it is in the dog or not. And even the opponent that is besting a dead game dog may not be as game as the dog he is besting, he would have to matched with a dog that has been conditioned or is a much better athlete than him. In any event a game dog is born not made, a superior athlete is definately made but that does not give him the heart of a champion.

12. GACAM

GACAM Big Dog

so does that mean any good dogman can have any breed of dog with game?

13. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

According to the literature it is highly unlikely as game is a characteristic that has taken hundreds of years of selective breeding in APBTs to maintain, but can be lost in only a few generations. I would say your best bet of getting a game APBT is through game bred APBTs, at least from a purely analytical perspective. When I refer to game it is a characteristic unique to the APBT as described by the hystorical literature. So no a Huskey does not exhibit the characteristic of game as measured by the keepers of the APBT breed standards.

14. CB

CB CH Dog

No not at all im just saying a experienced dogmen can beat a great dog with a average dog just because he has better handling then the other handler because of experience.

15. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

NOT game bred.
    The breeder was not breeding for game. Who knows what the motive was.

16. GACAM

GACAM Big Dog

thanks for every thing you guys are great.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2006
  17. Nigerino.com/

Nigerino.com/ CH Dog

How does one just go out and get a game dog? :confused:

18. redrott

redrott Pup

Way to say it mtndog that is the best statement I have ever heard on this board.

19. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Gamebred would of been a better word. :) Thanks for the observation.lol. Ne other ?'s.

20. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

It's like making lemonaide with your lemons! Behind every great dog is a great handler! No one, whether human, plant or animal can make it to their full potential solo and I strongly believe that if you are not confident in your dog when you are showing, tracking, training, etc. then your dog will not perform well. I'de say it's 50/50 between animal and handler.