1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Show Or Game

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by GACAM, Jul 8, 2006.

1. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I would have to agree with you on this. Thats why the handler/trainer plays a very important role in the way a pup/dog is raised.

2. Nigerino.com/

Nigerino.com/ CH Dog

Sorry MTNDOG, I could not help myself. Seems a lot of people just don't understand how few game dog or deep game dogs there are out there. I am having a hard time with the term game bred. I think I understand where this term came from but in reality there are very few people out there that really know if they have a game dog much less a breeding pair. Yes there may have been some game dogs in the pedigree but lets face it most will never take his/her dog to the point of finding out if he/she is game.

3. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

No prob. I don't like to get too specific on THIS board. I know exactly what you mean.

4. why do people just mix up all the bloodlines???? I have game (my preference) and my husband has bully (show) whatever......we don't mix these dogs with each other...and just because a dog is "blue" doesn't mean it's the same bloodline....that's what is so funny, i was walking my dogs the other day and this girl puuls up next to me and asked me who's dogs you got? i said mine, why? she said she had a pit, i said ok, what bloodline? hawaiian blue....WHAT""""" i told her to keep driving and she asked if I wanted to breed my dogs with hers...HERE'S THE FUNNIEST THING I EVER HEARD......SHE SAID
    MY MALE IS IN HEAT
    WANNA BREED WITH HIM ........LMAO....LMAO.. I SAID YOU DUMBASS, YOU NEED TO GO GET A CAT.....

5. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Game bred means an off spring from two tested parents that have proven themselves worthy of breeding, once you get into the degree of game you have moved very far away from exactness and are now into the area of the subjective professional doggers that have the experienced eye for what these terms mean:

game vs deep game etc, etc

6. Nigerino.com/

Nigerino.com/ CH Dog

Thanks mydawgs, I do understand the term and the process! I get the feeling that a lot of people use this term just because of a few game dogs in the pedigrees of the dogs they may be feeding.

7. CB

CB CH Dog

Alot and to many people use the word "game" like its nothing. It doesnt matter if its someone saying they have a game dog or a game bred dog. There is only one way to see if your dog is game and very few people are willing to do that.

8. runt

runt Big Dog

I don't and won't keep one if it's not GAME and I don't mean game bred

9. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Well then I guess this thread has defined a whole lot of clarrification about what game and game bred is, and thanks to some there will always be true APBTs to carry the breed forward. JMO