1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

sick pup

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by phill, Jul 2, 2010.

1. phill

phill Top Dog

the litter is 4 pups one of the males the only black one is the smaller of the 4 his eye was closeing shut turns out the vet said he scrached it and aply this ointment looks like its working a bit ,,,he is still the last one to come out of the pen ,,do you think beeing week 5 on saturday thats the day i usually take them off the momma and go dirrectally to eukinuba puppy small breed dry schuold i leave him on the momma she will be a little hostil after that i think but its only for another week

2. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I would get them started on the puppy food.:dogdrink:

3. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Wardog is right go ahead and ween him. Just watch him to make sure it doesnt get infected and that he is eating.

4. phill

phill Top Dog

ya think take em all off or leave the small one on?????,,,,his gums and fur or hydration check are fine

5. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Take em all off the tit.

6. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

You can take them off or leave them on-not going to make much difference. Should be gradually weaning them off the mom to aid in her drying up. Eukanuba is over-price junk food and the "puppy" formulas are nothing but a sales-ploy.

7. phill

phill Top Dog

i know its overpriced but i always have good results with it but as far as weening goes tomorow their off the tit totaly

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i agree with weening but if ur gonna pay that much for puppy food u could get a higher quality on with a similar price

9. phill

phill Top Dog

the shits come out dark and hard like i say it works out just fine for me

10. phill

phill Top Dog

the sick pup does seem to be ok he's still the last to come out of the box his eye is fine ,,,bothers me that he's a bit slower than the other 3 we have to get him more sparky he's the chicago blaze's mascott thats a rugby team

11. phill

phill Top Dog

well not that sick after takeing the litter away from momma all dove right into the dry food ,, put the house male away i brang the sick one in he played with my bull mastiff then went right to the gym shoe and did the pitbull shake i love seeing that at 5 weeks,, barack did pretty much the same thing at that age ,,,

12. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

I stopped feeding Eukanuba when I found out they support the HSUS and other AR Groups. Diamond Naturals small breed puppy is every bit as good.

13. phill

phill Top Dog

thats what my cousin brang over their dooing fine they swam in the feed pan i got a better look at the sick one it looks like part of his eyebrow is growing down and the eyebrow is irratating his eye over all is in good shape

14. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Phill,
    It sounds like the pup has Entropion (turned in eyelid). A simple surgery will fix it if it is not too bad.

15. phill

phill Top Dog

its like 4 eye lashes at the corner i would think its a simple fix it is the one that i wanted to keep the only black one from litter 1 but he's gooing to a real good home we'll bring big buckskin bro to the nationals