1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

side effects

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by mrnobody, Oct 14, 2010.

1. mrnobody

mrnobody Pup

i was going to treat a dog with ivomec (or something like that) and read the side effects and got a bit unshure
    lots of meds have side effects, some very bad and others not so bad

any of you treated dogs and got nasty side effects?

2. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

At the dosage for heartworm I have never seen side effects and it is generally considered to be quite safe. But, at the dosages for mange I have seen side effects. They consist of uncoordination, drooling, staggering. If you see these symptoms you need to stop giving it to your dog immediately and consult a vet. Also, if using ivomec to treat mange never use it at the same time as mitaban as that will greatly increase the likelyhood of side effects for both drugs.

3. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

depends on what ur treating and how much you use.

i've seen bad things happen to dogs that are heartworm positive and their owners gave them ivomec. sucks having to watch a dog drown in its own blood and there's nothing you can do about it.

4. I stopped at "or something like that"

How the fuck are we supposed to know what to reply if you can't even post wtf you're using.

5. mrnobody

mrnobody Pup

i was not shure of the med name, it happens its ivomec
    im not using, i consider using it
    i asked about "general" side effects about medication..

read in the web ivomec could cause ataxia, that is why i posted here

benthere, thanks, i have mitaban at home, yes could have made mistake of using both, i will not.

6. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

research the ingredients and Im sure you can find natural products that are just as effective. good luck

7. The point was if you don't even know what you're considering using, how can anybody comment on whether it's safe or not.

Ivermectin is extremely safe and effective for the prevention and treatment of heart worms. Benthere may have more experience with using it for mange, I have used it for treating it with no problems whatsoever.

8. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

Ivermectin...wow.... do you know the side effects of that garbage, probably not...but no one can tell you anything can they.

9. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

i'm planing to use it sir. I already bought. here it is"ivermercint iverct" it ses 10 mg per ml. doses: cattle 1 ml per 50 kg, swine 0.3ml per kg, sheeps n goats 0.2ml per 10kg. sir what dosage will i use for my dog. my dog is 33 to 35lbs or 16kg. what is the exact ml or cc will i inject? tnx. God bless

10. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Yall correct me if im wrong but ive always used a 1/4 cc no matter the size.

11. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I always go under the skin as well. Old timer told me years ago it helps more for the dogs coat that why.

12. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

...the correct dosage is 1cc per 110 pounds....weigh your dog and do the math....

13. Jim_G

Jim_G Big Dog

depends what is treated for -with mange issues the vet we go to suggests .15cc 1st day, .25 2nd day, .4 3rd day, and .55 4th day and follow .55 for 30 days for a 30-50 lbs. dog.

14. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

thank you sir. ;)

15. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

my first time to use it sir for heartworm preventive. much cheeper than the tablet form.

16. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

how about for heart worm preventive?

17. SeanP

SeanP Pup

All the medicines available in the market are tested and than authorized to start selling. You need not to worry about the thing.

18. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Lol Have you not seen all the recalls on drugs? And the lawyers wanting to sue for you? Its a money rackett like most things these days. FDA is a joke. There has been several good threads on Ivomec on here. Use the search box.

19. SeanP

SeanP Pup

There are many threads about the thing in this forum.
    You should search the forum properly.
    Chicago boot camp