1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Site Change?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CB, Jan 20, 2006.

?

Has the site changed at all?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2006.
  1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. CB

CB CH Dog

To you has the site changed at all. MEaning does it seem more of a pet bull site and not being able to show pictures or discuss certain things because mods wont alow it. This has nothing to do with the mods or nothing just the site. Some people are saying its more like a UKC site then a game-dog site. What can we do to change that. Please dont close this thread because i would like to see what people think because from other active members on here thinks the site has changed alot.

The Watcher likes this.
  2. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

I like that I don't have to surf through a lot of superfluous stuff (jokes, etc) just to get to the dog-related posts, although I miss Fifty's quotes.

I would like to see more game-dog related postings, but that's just my opinion.

3. CB

CB CH Dog

Yes im not talking about the chit chat thing im glad it got closed. But im talking about all these threads with staffie bloodline questions and other stuff.

4. Judy

Judy CH Dog

I haven't been here long, so my opinion probably doesn't matter much...but no I don't see it as becoming more "pet-bullish". I think the concern is more that this is a very public forum...

(ps I liked the chat but you all know that already :))

5. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

Seems like there should be a forum just for Staffs and questions related to them. ;)

I would like to see the forum get back to the APBT.

6. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

yeah myb a staff section would be a decent idea. the problem is that the true reason the APBT was created is now illegal so the convos have moved towards hunting showing etc as that is what more people are involved in currently. and a large amount of can i, should i, to what should i, breed my dog has come up. Discussing history shouldnt be looked down on. you have to know where you came from to know where your going.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2006
  7. CB

CB CH Dog

I dont think so. This site says Game-dog not game-dog-staffie.com. It seems like there is the same question everyday from people and its usually about blue's.

8. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

I don't necessarily mean it should be part of the gamedog forum, but more like they should find/create their own forum.....

Nothing against the Am-Staff owners -- I have one myself, but this is the gamedog forum.

9. CB

CB CH Dog

Exactly.....

10. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

actually though, if you read the site "description" it states " is dedicated to the preservation of the pit bull in its original form as a game-bred dog and in its modern incarnations as a loving companion pet and top competitor in weight pull competitions and conformation shows. "

it doesnt say this is specifically a "game dog only" site ..to me, in that sentence, it is saying all apbts are welcome...

But i think that we did loose sight of what we are really here for

11. CB

CB CH Dog

Well why have the name Game-dog.com and not be specifically about game-dogs. Thats like me putting dogs.com and talking about cats on there.

12. jeepdogkennel

jeepdogkennel Big Dog

I think this is intended to be a game-dog site, am I wrong? The conversations about the old dogs should be able to be discussed whether it is illegal now or not. That is history! You can't change history! What is done is done. Nothing illegal about discussing it.

devinben3 likes this.
  13. jeepdogkennel

jeepdogkennel Big Dog

Seems like lately there have been a lot of questions about AmStaff's, Razor's Edge, and Gotti lines.

14. CB

CB CH Dog

Yeah i know but it seems when people try to get the site back to game-dogs nobody has nothing to say. And then some "people" try and change the rules every week or month.

15. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Pup

I havent posted hardly any, but I read all the time and have been for a while. I came to this site because it is a game dog site. If this changes then there is no reason to be here. I might as well spend all my time at a petbull site...

devinben3 likes this.
  16. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I joined this forum to discuss the APBT and learn some more about the breed- most importantly bloodlines and the history surrounding those dogs. I feel I have gotten both. However, I'm rather tired of responding to the same old "Gotti, RE, FAT BLUFF" threads over and over, but I feel these people need to be educated somehow? Whilst they may throw a fit on here just to prove a point, a lot of people get off these mores with our info engraved in our minds. Perhaps we should make a response to those "What about Gotti?" posts a sticky? Just so no one needs to reply anymore.

I haven't been here all that long, so I can't tell if it's changed or not. I can say this though: Game-Dog is still the best damn forum I'm a member of :D

17. RiotDog

RiotDog Pup

I am still pondering on becoming a premium member. I think this site is great, but I also think it should live up to its name. GAME DOG.com. In my opinion game dogs do not include amstaffs,( if amstaffs were apbt, they would be called apbt's not amstaffs)razors edge gotti ect. And even though it is understandable not to condone what is now "illegal activity" to discuss the history is not illegal. I think that if anyone participating at this site does not appear to be involved in any illegal activity, it shouldn't pose as a problem. We all just want to discuss and become more educated about OUR breed. And the pit bulls history, and what it was bred for, is why it excels at so many things and is such an excellent dog. If you are ashamed of the APBT history or are uncomfortable talking about it, you shouldn't be an owner of a pit bull.........in my opinion of course.

devinben3 and Marinepits like this.
  18. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

i agree, this site has changed a lot. I am proud to own apbts, if i wanted an am staff, then thats what i would have. i'm not going to deny the history of our breed. but it seems as if people are trying to make our breed look differently. The history of our breed is not bad ppl, it's not like they killed and ate little kids or anything, i mean they are NOT suppossed to be human aggressive what so ever. i really don't know what to say, i hope everyone can respect our breeds history and teach anyone who wants to learn the truth.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2006
    Crash97 likes this.
  19. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Pup

My thinking exactly RiotDog. I to want to become a premium member, but am holding back. If you dont like the history, and dont want it talked about then why are you here. Im sorry im just ranting cause there is so much out there I want to learn about. But how can you learn when everything that is talked about is deemed as undisirible issues.

20. Marty

Marty Guest

Game-dog.com is an eduducational site, there are many breeds associated with the "pit bull", we must keep in mind if BSL is passed we ALL suffer.

We do focus on the APBT, but as a "Pit Bull Community" and as a "public forum," more pet owners will frequent this site than people who deal with the breed throughout their life. But, since we are dedicated to "education" it is good that we have so many "uneducated" people to educate. More people are able to read what you say on this site than can listen to you in a one-on-one conversation in a lifetime. Although there are a lot of "petbull" related threads and discussions, it is imperitive that we focus on our goal to educate (distiguish the differeces of breeds as well as their history).

As for American Staffordshire Terriers not being included as a "game dog," although they are not generally "game," a "game dog" is an American Pit Bull Terrier, or a "pit bull," and from a public standpoint, what is a "pit bull?" As a public, educational site, "Am Staffs" must be included because they already are, that is a fact, but that doesn't mean that we can't hold true to the breed as far as form and function goes, history lives forever.