1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Site Change?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CB, Jan 20, 2006.

?

Has the site changed at all?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2006.
  1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

maybe we should try to educate people on not only the history of the apbt, but on how am staffs have pretty much departed from the apbt and are basically a seperate breed to knowledgeable owners. i know a few breeders that have am staffs, and they even say how they've changed, though they still respect the origional apbt, they realize that they have molded for modern times....i don't know, just a thought. Because, to the onlookers who don't know anything, they're all just pitbulls, we need to try to educate them. we shouldn't get mad at ppl who are trying to learn or who have just been mislead, once we bash them, of course they're going to be negative.

Judy likes this.
  2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Ok....I agree that the site has changed...it wasn't the direction I thought it was gonna go. But, IMO if you don't like the direction the site has gone....spend less time here bitching about it and find one that is exclusively gamedog oriented. There are plenty of gamedog sites out there...you just gotta look and ask around. My 2 cents worth....

Now, IMO this site has a very important function....to show the nicy nice side of "pit bulls, and debunk the media and humaniac propaganda machine. That is naturally gonna take this site more towards the petbull side of life. There ya have it.

3. RiotDog

RiotDog Pup

Gameness is what sets our dog apart from any other breed. Without that then a pit bull is not a pit bull, it is a regular dog with a bad reputation. I believe under Crash97 it says "KEEP THE GAME IN THE DOG". Well, why exactly are game dogs game again? I'm not bitching. I love this site. I believe there are many knowledgable, and upstanding people who frequent here,and want to do what they can to change the general publics view of the APBT. Which is why I think it is important to include ALL aspects of the breed. IMO I think by educating "pet owners, and uneducated people" in every aspect of the breed ( even if it is NOW illegal) better helps dissolve misinformed beliefs of the breed. For instance, if you told somebody that generally pit bulls are NATURALLY not human aggressive, and they asked why, how could you explain that without mentioning illegal activity. IMO, not discussing the fact that APBT's were bred to fight, and anything related, would give a newcomer the impression that US the owners of pit bulls are ashamed or have something to hide.

4. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Pup

I think that riot has a point, how can we defend the breed if we are afraid to talk about how the breed came about. We should talk about it more. So people will understand things like we dont beat our dogs, or use bait dogs, or anything else the media has cooked up. We should inform them about how are dogs came to be what they are today. If we try to make everybody happy then we solve nothing, but if we tell it like it is then maybe we might step on a few toes. But also we might turn some heads...

5. I haven't been here long enough to tell you whether or not the site has changed (only 2 days, matter of fact). But I can tell you in those two days I've learned more than I ever could have on my own. This is a great wealth of information.

I agree with keeping the history uncut. I came into my bully blindly, and really only have the slightest inkling more than your average person. But I'm committed to learn more and keep learning, so that when the time comes I can defend my dog for what he is. A loyal companion with one hell of a backbone!

6. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

theres a difference though between discussing the history of the breed and the whats and why for historical purposes and blatent out and out "talk of fighting". I think what they mean is its ok to acknowledge that at one time this breed was used for this, this is how it came about, that dog aggression is part of the breed ...but we cannot discuss today;s illegal activities. as much as this is a bad repersentation, and Im sorry if i offend anyone, I dont mean to .. slavery is illegal ..yet one can discuss the history , the who whats wheres and hows to learn and educate within moderation (they teach it in school) but one cannot run out and do the act.. it is illegal and immoral.. (and again, Im sorry if this offends anyone, Im just trying to show that for historical purposes some things are ok within moderation to learn and educate....)

7. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Pup

I hear what your sayin, and I agree. Its just seems that everyday there is more and more stuff you cant talk about on here. Alot of it doesnt need to be talked about, but some stuff I think should be talked about more often. I also dont agree with the thing about the pictures either. You should be able to use any picture of your dog you want unless it is illegal. I like all kinds of pics, the ones of your dogs asleep, or playing. But im sure that not just me also likes to see the dogs intensity. I dont think there is anything wrong with it...

8. RiotDog

RiotDog Pup

And I definately agree. There is a difference. And I also understand why they wouldnt want people discussing CURRENT illegal activity. But like you said they make students AWARE of slavery in school, the why,where,when,who,what of slavery. It doesnt meen they approve of it, or participate in it, they just give them a better understanding.

9. Look....Staffs or not...all the same ethics, health issues, problems, ideals, breeding, advice, feeding, exercizing....blah blah blah, are shared by both "breeds" of dog. Some one who has a staffs should (if respectable and open minded) be able to come on this site, absorb all the info and advice, throw his two cents in, and share in the love of these dogs! Yes, it is Game-Dog.com....but that shouldn't be the barrier that keeps people who care for these dogs, bred any certain way, away from the great info, advice, and people who are on this forum. I know there are some people who dont even care to hear about a staff, but others do care, and others would like ALL "pitbull" dogs to thrive and get only the best. I have staffs...ya'll prolly know that. I also have bulldogs. And I will throw my two cents into any convo about either one with no reguard to "oh, someone might not want to discuss this topic." The same issues that are threatening the game-bred APBT are threatening the AmStaff, be it BSL, breeding issues, health issues, temprament issues, safety issues...for the most part, its all the same. So give the boot to the ignorant, closed minded ass holes who come on here talking about "you're just jealous cuz you cant afford a 'real' dog like Gotti"...but let the others who are truely on here to spread their horizons and pool of knowledge, be on here...and we can all coincide together. JMHO.

10. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

i haven't read any of the posts,,sorry if i repeat stuff. this site is way different than when i joined up/ it seemed all GAMEdog people were around here. makin post and threads about workin dogs. it seems like there is a majority of pet owners here,,just wanting to talk about how "sweet and cute" their pit bull is. in fact, it's often hard to find a good topic that I want to read. others may be content as hell readin and postin about that s^#t, fine by me. but it does get on my nerves when people wine and bitch about what these dogs were created to do. what they were bred for years to do,,,and do well. they ignore the breed history most times,, and think their dog is happy sittin on the couch 24/7. not my beleif at all. and it seems most of these people are all new around here, all within the last 4 or so months. a few of the old dog people are still around, and are still the same as they were when i came around. still into game dogs, and still have the same point of veiws. and some of the people that used to be "dogman/dogwomen" have now turned into the "pet owners" they used to say they disliked. just something i noticed. overall,,a lot less game talk, alot more crap that i don't even care to read. maybe there should be a game section, and a show section, and a pet section. it'd make lookin at threads alot more bearable when my impatient ass gets on here. i know this is listed as both a pit-bull and a game dog site,,but it's definately shifted sides since i came around.
    as i said before, be into what you want to be in, i could care less. i know what i like.

11. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Discuss "the old dogs" to your heart's content. They should be talked about. All aspects of bulldog history should be openly discussed. Damn straight the name of this site is game-dog. It doesn't matter if you're feeding blues, staffies, AB's, whatever, they wouldn't exist if it weren't for the gamedog. There is nothing shameful about gamedog history, nor is there anything shameful about owning a proven gamedog today. American laws do not apply to other countries, and if you think for one second that the United States sets a good moral standard, then I urge you to watch MTV for fifteen minutes...or Saturday morning cartoons, for that matter. In places like Japan and the Philippines, the gamedog is treated with honor. Here in the US they're treated with contempt, while our 12-year-old girls dress like prostitutes, our religious leaders rape little boys, our people kill each other in the streets, and our politicians lie, cheat, steal, and shove cigars in secretaries. Who the fuck is anyone --ANYONE!-- to judge me if I so choose to own a proven gamedog? It just so happens that I own several, and I'm not ashamed nor afraid to admit it. If you can't deal with it, go find yourself a nice tall pole to sit on and proceed to spin vigorously.

12. RiotDog

RiotDog Pup

lol.......aint that the truth

13. Nicely stated :)

14. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I used to come here damn near exclusively. But due to many changes in ideology, I've since found other sites that are more gamedog oriented. So yes, I do have "KEEP THE GAME IN THE DOG", and fully intend to.

Now, what I was saying is everyone is here by their own free will, so if you don't like what you're seeing or reading: make a decision to either stay and try to force this site to conform to your ideas as to what it should be or seek out a site more compatible with your beliefs or lifestyle.

15. lil_bit807

lil_bit807 Big Dog

Being here only a few short months, I have learned quite a bit about the game dog. Being that I recently acquired my first 2 game dogs, my object in joining this forum is too learn all I can about the game dog and its history, along with the bloodlines. I am intrigued by all of the knowledge that is shared in here but at the same time disappointed when a newbie posts a question and never gets an answer. Yes, I'm quite sure alot of questions are redundant and probably could have been answered by doing a little research. But keep in mind they are here to learn from you, this forum and any other helpful sources they may find in here. I myself am not very good at understanding a pedigree and I know I have posted one of my dog's pedigree in the hopes that someone would be able to help exlain it to me, but never got a response. I have also seen another newbie ask that very same question and because the dog didn't have any well known blood in it someone said that "they must have baught a piece of shit." That to me was uncalled for. Over all I think this forum is great. I just hope it continues to educate the less educated.

16. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

I like your style...:) and i agree 100%

17. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

True story:

I believe in keeping the APBT decently close to it's original form. As for these other larger lined "APBT's", they will have their own breed soon enough, I believe. Remember, back in the day they it didn't matter how they looked as long as they kept their fire. All dogs WITHOUT FIRE, regardless of look or color, game lined or not are what makes the APBT lose it's rep in the good things it has established as characteristics. As a former game breeder(still a lover), I understand the drama. As a current RE and RE-outcross breeder, I will do what is necessary to spread the word that game doggers are upset and that a new breed name should be seriously considered. I want to call a truce in the name of RE and such lines. If game doggers(those this applies to) can stop being doggie racists, this February and March at our Weight Pull and Show event, I will personally motion for a new breed name. Just be patient...good things come to those who wait.

Bad breeders get all the attention, those doing it right get left in the dust, but I'd rather be dusty and respected than have a bad name.

Last night, I realized that it didn't matter if my dog was an APBT, AmStaff, or a Yorkshire Terrier because he was something that you wake up every morning and hope that your dog is - ALIVE...He was hit by a car last night and I haven't been to sleep yet. I came to my parents place to House Sit while they went out of town. My mother, the canine serial killer, let him out without telling anyone and she forgot about him. I recieved a phone call from my father, who owns a car dealership a few 100yards from the house. He told me that Oozie Clip had been hit by a car. It was pouring rain, but I didn't care. I was going to go out there and get my baby if I had to walk through a pit of snakes, but I didn't have to because my boy had the will to live and he limped all the way back to the house, broken leg, broken jaw, and all. Tell me something, when your baby boy is choking on his own blood and clinging to life does it matter what he is? Does it matter if he fits somebody elses description of a true APBT. NO! I realized that there comes a point in time when all the game, agility, and titles in the world don't matter one bit. A dead dog can't do anything. Oozie is approaching 5months...he's 50lbs...yeah, he's a big boy, but it's rather proportionate. This is one thing that made me glad to have a "bluff" if that one blue patch over his eye makes him one regardless of how I work him. The vet told me that if he had been the average weight of an APBT his age, he would not have survived and if his bones were not as thick as they are, it would have taken his jaw clean off. If ya'll don't want to claim this boy, it's alright by me. He's got enough heart to make everybody elses opinion null and void.

I know it's not completely up to game doggers, but it is your wish, so I would like your suggestions for a new breed name. After all without the original APBT we'd have no breed to name! If you have a comical name, I'd rather you not respond. ( i.e. bluffs, curs, pigbulls, petbulls, bull-o-potamus, bull-hogs...i got a million) I wouldn't insult a game dog, so can I get some 2-way respect.

luv_a_bull_girl likes this.
  18. I hear ya..nice post. Hope your boy is doing well. He'll be prayed for tonight.

19. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

There have been a lot of good replies to the thread. I have only been coming to this site for about 6 months or so. I found it by reference from another person. I don't have game dogs. More along the show line. But all of them are pit bulls and I care about them all. I like most dogs in general. I came here to be educated. There was and is more information of this site than any of the others I have been to. I have made my share of remarks that pissed people off. I am sorry. If you don't like the stupid questions, pass them over. Don't reply. Luckily for me, people have replied to mine. I don't care what kind of dog you prefer. It does matter what the stupid people out there think because they are the ones trying to ban our breed. People hate what they do not understand.
    Seems to me all bulldogs are aggressive towards other animals. Most, anyway. This is something you have to accept if you love this breed. The general public has no idea there are more than one pit bull. To them they are all killers. They ask me all the time, aren't you afraid your pits will turn on you? I say any dog with teeth can turn on you. Proper education, training and common sense can go a long way with any breed.
    I think this site should be for everybody. Because it is to educate, not discriminate.

20. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Tx, so sorry to hear about your boy, I too will say a prayer for him for a speedy recovery..... As for doggers and pet folks, sometimes we are our own worst enemies. If all of us can't look around and see who the real enemy is because we are too busy fighting amongst ourselves then we get whats comin. There is strength in numbers, someone has a signiture regarding not paying attention to history so we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes...well as I have a Native American lineage think about this, had the Indian Nation set their differences aside and banded together in there struggle against their enemys, the US could very well have been a much different place today, but hey didn't and were exterminated. We can all respect each others likes and dislikes, but if we choose to splinter we will surely loose the APBT and all of it's cousins.....

Judy likes this.