1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Site Change?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CB, Jan 20, 2006.

?

Has the site changed at all?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2006.
  1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. RiotDog

RiotDog Pup

Wise words, if we don't come together, then our fight will most assuredly be lost.

2. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

Great post...and thanx for the prayers you guys.

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Actually this site hasnt really changed that much the only thing thats changed is the people. When this site first started alot of game doggers came on this site but as the site grew in popularity then alot of newbie ametures started coming on this site in which the game doggers left due to alot of restrictions and some new rules. This site is actually made for newbies begginers or ameture dogmen they should change the site name to what it says on the top of the title Pit bull Community so as not to confuse it to unknown browsers looking or not looking for a game dog site. Also the difference between game doggers and non game doggers on this site is that the game doggers have more respect for older more experienced game doggers and usually listen and take there advice where as alot of these new non game blue newbies have little to no respect and are too opinionated to listen or take any advice from anyone because basically they have no one to look up to but themselves. Unlike us game doggers where there are alot of game veterans legends that we look up to and respect and idolize for there great contributions to our breed to help guide and teach us the right way how it was done by the great old timers long ago.

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

No, it's not. And the name will not change. This site wasn't intended to be a "pit bull" & anything that looks like it site, it was intended to be focused on the gamedog & how that dog has made the dogs we love today. This site was intended to educate & not deny our breed's history, but rather embrace it & to teach/show others the truth behind the breed. Like it or not, if it were not for the pit, our dogs would not exist & you would have nothing to go home to at the end of the day.

5. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

i love this site i agree if u dont like the site then go some where eles or make your own site and see how easy it is to make it every thing u want it to be i havnt been here long but n my short time iv learned so much and i plane on learing alot more and i dnt really get it when people say petbull arnet they pets. so does that mean becasue my dog isnt game (i dont know if es not onley 4 mout so not sure) that your dog is beter then mine i agree that pit bulls should stay game but what about th people that what to learn about any thing pit are they not allowd to come becasue there newbies. i think that every one should be great full for whats here and take what u need and levae the rest adn stop btching that its not what they want sorry not try to be mean but this hole things kinda funny if u think about it

6. CB

CB CH Dog

You know i love you mia lol but i gotta ask you this. Why put up on the topic about not showing dogs facing off or a dog showing teeth to another dog. Isnt that a part of the breed?

7. jeepdogkennel

jeepdogkennel Big Dog

Are you agreeing with my opinion? Or was that a shot at me? Just trying to make sure I don't misunderstand your post.

8. X

X Banned

It has nothing to do with it being a "part of the breed." If there is nothing in the picture that the dog is obviously trying to get or acting aggressively towards, it shouldn't be taken, much less posted to a public forum\site. If all you see in the picture is a dog baring its teeth and trying to bite at something, the imagiation runs wild.

9. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

but they allow it in dog shows..which are open to the public...

10. X

X Banned

It depends on the judge and\or club... they allow it because it's obvious what the dog is acting out towards, there is no half of the story or picture. But once it becomes a problem, or the dog seems to be uncontrollable, steps will be made to correct the problem. They allow barking, but when a dog can not stand still and is interrupting the show, most judges will pull the dog off by its self, as it should be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2006
  11. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Pup

What if my dog is goin after a toy or something like that? He isnt goin after a human so I can show that right? Is this what your saying?

12. CB

CB CH Dog

Thats what im saying. Its like were trying to hide something that people already have seen whats the big deal about it.

13. X

X Banned

If the toy is in the picture, yes, as long as it doesn't appear that you are posting the picture for reputation or an ego boost... as long as it looks like the dog is enjoying it and there is no question as to what the dog is after, there shouldn't be a problem.

14. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Pup

I think thats a fair decision Shon. Just aslong as the other moderators are fair to. And we should do our part by not putting up certain pics. I agree...

15. simms

simms CH Dog

You speak the truth.....I agree with you.

But I don't encourage anyone to hang their ass out to dry right now. Please ppl quit Advertising your yards and selling your stock to the public.

16. Txloner

Txloner Pup

Well this site has been up since MARCH , 2004 ( and was in the works way before that ). And has it changed , "YES" it has , any one that says it aint is a liar ( YUP I SAID IT , RELEASE THE HOUNDS ). And that is because any one can join . And it is getting over ran with people that are not in to the "GAME-DOG" aspect of these dogs. The ? was asked and I answered.

17. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Because their are some things that are better left to yourself. Pictures nowadays will get you (someone/anyone) in a whole heap of trouble if the wrong person starts looking at them. Plus, for someone who just looks at pictures & doesn't read the words, the pics present the wrong image--they present the image that the media is wanting to portray whether or not that is truly the case w/the pic. A nice pic of the dog lunging, showing off it's muscles, form, & intensity, but add in the dog snarling & what not & you have a "headliner" picture.

Like I said, we don't know who is looking. So for your own sake, keep some pictures private.

And CB, you know I love you too. ;)

18. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Thank you for explaining what it seems I failed to explain. :)

19. CB

CB CH Dog

Thanks for clearing that up for me i guess im a little hard headed lol.

20. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

This site is a place I go when I need information, encouragement and sound guidance. I have not been here long enough to see the change everyone is talking about but I do know the only constant in the universe is change...the health of the APBT breed depends on the wisdom of the doggers as well as the education of the non-doggers and together we will be strong. I love this site...........