1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

skating rink chain spot....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chef-Kergin, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

so i'm sure some of my other midwestern folks on here are having the same problem...

with all the rain we had, plus the snow/freezing rain over the last 3 days, coupled with 2 degree temps at night, aubrey's chain spot is a functional ice-skating rink.

she's been "hibernating" in her house, so her chain has been freezing in a straight line in this sh*t. i have to go out and bust it up every few hours, just because she don't want to come out; i can't blame her.

she's been kind enough to empty out 1 & 2 in the same spot opposite the side of her house where her food and water is.

so tonight when i went out to check on her and make sure her water wasn't frozen before i got ready for bed, i wanted to get her out.

i brought home some fresh salmon scraps from work to give to her, with all the good silvery fat on it still. i conned her out of her house, and since the ground is slightly sloped where her house is, she had a helluva time skating back up to get in. i wish i had a camera.

i don't know whether that was mean or not, but i got a kick out of it...never seen a dog ice-skate before. :p

how are your mutts holdin up to this nasty winter?