1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Skinny puppies - remedies?

Discussion in 'Parasites' started by ABK, Aug 18, 2009.

1. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

I hope it helps. . . some foods will put out a few decent ones while the rest are garbage. . the foods you listed some were all garbage but a couple had some okay formulas. . . definitely don't just buy any formula they make as most are crap.

2. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

Ohhh, you must have been feeding it when they had that bad chit a few years ago...sorry to hear that...I too was feeding it at the same time and continued to, but just checked the bags for the serial numbers they gave as affected...

Sorry you lost two!

I actually think Chicken Soup is on a lot of those Best Dry Foods lists, but it's not on YOURS, so...

I'd RATHER feed Chicken Soup than the regular Diamond, just can't now...I fed many pregnant and nursing bitches and raised many pups on it....

Dreamer

3. Mkabayi

Mkabayi Pup

Here is my 2cents worth.

Maybe we should first by asking: What are dogs? Dogs are classified as carnivores. Therefore they primary food is nothing but protein. Maybe I shouls qualify this by saying "animal proteins". What kind of proteins do the commercial or vet food contain? Maybe you already guessed. Yeah right! PLANT PROTEIN.

I will therefore conclude by saying all Vet food are crap with lots of unnecessary fillers. Feed your dog raw meat and raw eggs and see your dog blossom.

Maybe for the sake of quick weight gain you can envisage Vitamin B (Injectibles).

Let us not forget that these little folks were just domisticated recently (not more than 200 years ago)

4. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Even though you dont have a store avalaibale to you locally that carries those "fancy pants" foods, I would highly recommend petfooddirect.com. Not only are their prices cheap compared to pet food specialty stores but if you do a little searching online you can always get any where from 10 - 20% off, wwhich will cover the shipping expenses.

If you decide to try it out take a look at the EVO 95% meat canned foods. Ive found EVO to be the cheapest of the grain free (and even cheaper than some of the grain based products!) so that would be my recommendation. They have a variety pack you can buy which includes Turkey & Chicken, Venison, Duck and Beef formulas. I buy it for my cat.

Good luck with the puppies. Very odd situation...