1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Smiling dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by catchdog, Apr 11, 2010.

1. bradyFL

bradyFL Big Dog

2. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

hello...thats a smilin dog..man that dog looks like this guy I work with

3. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

I am still crackin th f*#* up at that pic too dam funny

4. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

ok that pic wins the most commical dog shot of the year in my book, aint no one got a funnier pic than that I bet...pleeeaase post if you do

5. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

there was one of F.B.'s old dogs that looked like it was smiling but i cant for the life of me remember which one

6. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

omg, Brady, that pic is hilarious!

7. Deuce

Deuce Big Dog

I have a jeep redboy male that has smiled since the day I got him. I first mistaked it for a snarl. As others commonly do. I was nearly concerned with opening his crate. "He is just exicited" said the transporter. His tail was wagging & his body shaking around. He has continued to do it his entire life. & passes it to the pups (male & female). He has a littermate named miss smiley & I assume she likes to cheese it up as well. I do not have a pic of him doing it, But it is something that can't can't be mistaken. As he rasises his lip to show all teeth firmly gripped together. It is eaisly mistaken as snarl to someone who doesn't know him.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=188127

8. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

9. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

dayum im fallin out seeing these,

10. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

ive heard it called the eli smile bt i think its more about the individual dog rather then the bloodline

11. bradyFL

bradyFL Big Dog

ive got two tight bred eli dogs that will grin like crazy.

12. This really is not a bloodline thing so much as a breed thing. Every APBT or "pit bull" I've been around whether a well bred dog a rescued unknown background dog - they have all smiled. It is kind of like how Dalmations are known for their own disturbing type of "smile" within the breed.

13. Jelet

Jelet Banned

14. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

My girl would bare all her teeth as if she had a BIG smile, that was whenever i would get home from work to let her off the chain and when the other half came home she would grin too,

I remember one time she pissed inside and she came walking in the lounge (i could tell straight away) she has done something wrong as she walked in just about crawling, ears down, and grining at me, silly girl!

15. KuyaJames33

KuyaJames33 Big Dog

16. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

Take him a pic of the dog and suggest he take a DNA test, Lol

17. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

lmfao I am gonna ask," how could you"??

18. Robber

Robber Big Dog

I think you guys are not understanding what the OP is talking about - he means when the front lip curls up and shows teeth, not just an open mouth. One of my dogs does it and yes I have seen several Eli bred dogs do it, but I have seen a few others that do it - one being a Jeep/Frisco cross - so technically some Eli back there), the other was red/rn of unknown bredding.