1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

someone explain this

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by NEohioPit, Mar 21, 2006.

1. NEohioPit

NEohioPit Pup

2. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

Here's a thought. Ask the owners not us.

3. NEohioPit

NEohioPit Pup

No need to be an asshole. It was just a question

4. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

If a breeder decide's to consistantly breed for a certain trait, stockiness, wide chests, or even athletic looking dogs, the offspring, and their offspring,and so on, will all start looking quite similar in body structure or looks. It becomes a family trait.

5. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

And that was just an answer. You made this post hoping we'd jump in the band wagon on a trip to flame those dogs. (Not to mention the wheels on that band wagon has broken axles for numerous reason) Being logical. Why ask us when WE don't own the dogs in the first place. If you understand genetics then you should know why thats "ridiculous" then.

Geez

6. NEohioPit

NEohioPit Pup

Im not trieng to get anyone in a band wagon, i never said i didnt like the way they looked. And i was asking you guys because its a lot easier than writing them a letter. You have to admit that is a very muscular dog, im new to the breed and figured maybe there is some training or somthing other than genetics that made it that way. So in the future i wont ask

7. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

So in other words your knowlegde of genetics was false? Moving on...

Because there is no way in the word a person could "train" a dog to look like his. Their mutts, banddogs, probably don't have some wide and low bulldogs to far from the pedigrees either. Stick around this site, you'll soon learn the bluffs from the elites.

8. NEohioPit

NEohioPit Pup

Your right i dont know anything about genetics, I just knew that people say genitics are what makes ur dog look the way it does. Thanks for the information though, hopefully i will learn more soon

9. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

I think you hit a soft spot..... Any how I'll help you out just a bit the stocky wide loded shouldederd dogs don't go over very well with this crowd so some of them act like smart elics. How that dog got that way was stupid people breeding for a wide chest. That poor dog has his shoulders and front end all skrewed up now I bet he can't even walk very well. The standard not the fad is to breed the dog to where it is agile nimble quick and muscled so that they make good working dogs and overall healthy pets. That dog will probably have significant problems with joints and artritis when it ages, not to mention the fact that he probably can't even walk corectly or for that matter run very well. I would'nt expect to play fetch with this dog either how whould he get the ball. Get yourself a good athletic looking dog not one of those pigs that people try to pass off as APBT. Look at the people who post avidly they normally have pics. of there dogs. Sorry, if I sounded mean I am only trying to help you understand the breed better. Hope I helped.