1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

something to think about

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Boze, Mar 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. I wouldn't call any dog that went for 2 hours a cur, just not a dead game dog. Wether or not I would breed to a dog like that would depend on if I knew the family and had experience with it. If I did then I may try a breeding because after all it's my dog, my time and my money in the end.

2. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Gringo your right, remember my post resendly. the tru defenition of a cur is a dog that quits on top en ore jumps the pit!.
    A dog that quits in a long toughf one is called"game"" ore ""deep game just not deadgame. funny how people today have no clue ore know about the origenal cajun rulle book and how dogs where judged upon in the past. this meens that a roughf dog that wins everyting in 30/45 min is labeld a game dog ore more over a dog that showed to take 3 times more presure, while the roughf 45 min ch hase never been stretchst. we had a dog called magic nothing lasted longer then 15 min with him. befor we bred him we tried to strech him useing 3 famely dogs for 45 min changing a dog every 15 min. he was stil standing tired but redy for more and to take a beating we just didnt have more for him. but we concluded he would go al the way.ore at least far enoughf if he ever would met his waterloo. but that never happend. Gamenes is also relatif and not everlasting. dogs tent to get used up. Nice aczample was a show between a dog called huggy bear(bolio something) vs Zack(rascal breeding) 3.43 min deepgame/ deadgame dogs the looser zack rip got the deadgame sticker labeld on him . the winner Huggy Bear would be shown again .
    this time he quit in 36 min.................Its very difeceld to judge but i would defenatly considering breeding to a quiting ""deepgame"" dog is the sircemstanses on witch he stoot are the right ones. if hes bright and clear with it ""hell no"" if he is in shock. sure, why not a dog bthat quits in shock thusend know he did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,

3. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I agree with alot of what you sat limey but im just not sure i can accept that gameness comes in a jar persay...and what i mean is i dont believe that every dog is born with a certain amount of gameness and when he's used it up he turns cur..i think its more along the lines on how the dog feels..I think i read a post that maybe you posted about needing to understand your dogs body language and know when he's having an off day...everybody and everything on this planet can have an off day and not perform to the best of its abilities..and the whole Huggy Bear story i know nothing of this but maybe it was to soon to match him again...i mean 3.43 is along time...maybe his body just couldnt take the stress that soon...Not to disrespect your opinion as you've spent much more time and energy on these dogs then i have and your experience far surpasses mine but this is just my opinion...you dont lose heart...

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

what about breeding to the dog that loses ben, but never curred out?
    lets say the dog had all the heart in the world,went 1:30 scratched so hard that he would smack the wall everytime he scratched, but was just out classed out talented by his opponent and got whipped?
    would you feel bad about breeding to a loser even though he proved game by his scratching and willingness to "get it"?

5. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I'd Take the dog your talkin bout any day Laced:)
    A game loser over a possibly cur winner? HELL YEAH.
    In my opinion its not about winning and losing its about who has the heart
    to keep coming regardless of the odds stacked against them..Any dog breed can keep fighting while its on top...only one will keep coming and after he's been wrecked and worked over for 1,2,3 even 4 hours..jmho

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

as far as i know i would to, but im just curious to what he's going to say.

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

LWG there ain't nothing i could say because a loss is different then curing out they get outclassed all the time for many different reasons. if they can go they must go it don't matter if they down on the score card or not.

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

so would you breed to that losing game dog? or would you breed to the dog that shows good talent but hasnt had to go past an hour?

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i wouldn't breed to anything if i didn't know as much as possible about the dog as i could. & not just the stud/bitch i want to see the more then a few of the family. because im breeding to what made the dog not just the individual dog. the show is only one piece of the puzzle & a lot of factors go into that. i had many chance to breed to a dog that looked good but passed them up because i didn't have access to the family avg. personaly i don't like breeding to anything but my own stock because i have a idea of what im getting.

10. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I see what you mean Ben..but say you knew both family of dogs then would you choose the dog picked up game or the dog that won in short order?

11. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I would breed to both of them. It would just depend on what I am trying to add to my program. Ifr I have a super game bitch and she is throwing game dogs then I would breed to the winner because I might need to add that destroyer to the already game bitch. If I have a destroyer bitch then I would breed to the super game loser because that might be what i'm lacking but who knows if she is killin' shit.

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

well sampson the best way i can put it is i don't breed to individual dogs i breed to what made them. i can't give any better answer then that. because the truth is they may look good one day & show piss poor the next. so i would breed to the one i like.

13. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I like the way you think Ben.. the best answer i coudve asked for:)

14. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

That would assume that the stud would be solely responsible for the way a dog turns out which is incorrect. The dam has just as much influence as the sire. Your bitch might not click like one of the other ones did.

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

how does that assume anything?

16. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

You can only breed to what made half of him since you can't take your bitch to another bitch is what i'm saying.

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

IDT you understanding what im saying.

18. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I thought you meant that you are going to take your bitch to the game dog or ace's sire since he produced him or her.

19. peppapig

peppapig Banned

how and why a dog quits is just as important.........

20. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I think folks should read this again