1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Somethings you just can't read...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CHUVALOFAN, Dec 21, 2015.

1. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

I'm not sure how to word this one but another for me is when your on another mans yard and he works with a line that you have only read this about or that about and everyone pips in, in agreement and then this guys dogs just blew that shit up.

I had always heard about redboy dogs have no mouth and only bring gameness and are not worth shit unless cross with Jeep or Eli. Well I can remember being on a yard in NC with a man who got most of his RB dogs right from Mr. B and they were hard charging, heavy mouthed destroyers that lacked deeply in brains but made up for in sheer grit.

I guess what I am getting at and trying to say is when you see first hand what one man can do with a line that another cannot. The art of breeding really isn't it...understanding your dogs pedigree, understanding your dog itself, understanding what you want and culling hard. Seems so many people are so quick to jump on the popular view of a line without ever really seeing...

2. Mr.Mr.203

Mr.Mr.203 AKA ladybug

Knowing ones true show weight...

3. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

This is where family traits get clumped together as traits of the bloodline. I've seen heavy Eli bred dogs with no mouth, lots of wind and as game as the day is long. But that is the exact opposite of what 90% of people would say about Eli dogs. And I too have seen Redboy dogs that lack none in the mouth department. That's why you have to look deeper into each dog to see what it has to offer. If I were to say what's better understood seeing it than reading it I'd have to say EVERYTHING. Because reading can teach you what to look for but you have to see it to believe and KNOW. I don't know of one thing I ever read about that I handled better the first time than I did the second.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

4. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Very true but the thread was made to generate some stories from members in an attempt to make for some amusing reading. Thread wouldn't have got to far or been to interesting with EVERYTHING. What you are saying is true though, was just hoping for some entertaining reads for everyone.

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Chuva I had some younger men with one day and my bitch had caught a big hog and got cut bad.We had her on the tail gate working on her and these 2 younger gentleman decide they were gone load the dead hog on back of the truck.I said don't do that right now she will catch it again, they didn't believe me so yep she caught the pig again.Anyways some folks have to see it with thier own eyes to believe it.I don't know if this was off topic or not but I thought it was a pretty good story.

6. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

That was a good little story, thanks bama

7. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I think my ideology in what I wrote was that reading about something can prepare you to handle it but once faced with it once you can learn from any mistakes and handle it better the second time. When I was younger and I made mistakes I always said "I was stupid or dumb for that" and my granddaddy would tell me " no you ain't stupid you just didn't know, now you know, if you do it again you dam stupid and dumb"

8. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Knowing when to rest a tired dog ranks up there. It can be talked about and read about but it must be experienced to really know. It's a trial and error process. Sometimes a lot of errors. S

9. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Your Granddaddy sounds like a very wise man CB.

10. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Shit i read and heard game dogs dont usually make good house dogs .I thought shit a dog is a dog.Then i tried and saw that the things that made him the gamedog i admired made him the house dog i disliked.I wouldnt change him for the world though.

11. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Ever since I got a Chihuahua from the Cardenas no mas bloodline LOL she has changed the way I view things when it comes to dogs. Now I see things in a lighter perspective that I would never have been able to see other wise. LOL

12. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

One thing for sure, I read that all bulldogs fight to the death in some trumped up article when I was young. That Shit sure turned out to be bullshit