1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Soon to be pit owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by genevieve, May 5, 2008.

1. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

Just wanted to do a quick intro. Will be getting my first pit in a few weeks. Currently have two squirrely rescue Presa Canario bitches (both spayed) who are painfully cute and mostly useless.

Here are Pecha and Phira, my ladies:

[​IMG]

Genevieve

2. they are cuties! are those all snakes in the background?

3. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

I'll pass on the compliment to the girls!

All geckos in the background, snakes aren't in the pic :D.

You have snakes?

Genevieve

4. no i dont have snakes anymore... we moved on to tree frogs and hopefully, a gecko soon since that is what i want next. i saw a very nice Tokay Gecko in the LPS the other day... but I dont have a setup for him yet.

5. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

No frogs here. They are too high maintenance. Just about 100 geckos and 20 snakes or so.

Genevieve

6. that kicks ass! do you breed them? im guessing so by the amount of them... lol. i wouldn't think the maintenance of the tree frogs would be much different than the geckos. we keep nice, hardy tree frogs (white's and cuban) so they aren't hard to keep. what kind of gecko would you recommend?

7. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

Yeah, breeding... 6 species of geckos... right now... and 3 of snake. All the geckos are frugivorous and eat a mixed dry diet- no bugs (which I HATE having in the house). I raise my own rodents for the snakes, so that is low $$/ stress, too. If I used feeder insects I would have some frogs in a heartbeat.

Genevieve

8. oh yeah, we feed gut-loaded crickets and different worms to ours. i dont mind the noise from the crickets at night. i dont think our frogs would eat anything not live. weve been discussing whether we want to try pinkies or not as an addition to their diet.

9. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

They won't- they are too movement wired.

Pinks are a good occasional treat. Too many of them with their high protein levels have been linked to renal disease and gout in species that don't eat lots of rodents in the wild.

Cute dog in your avatar!

Genevieve

10. pitbull9704

pitbull9704 Big Dog

WOW...didn't know y'all was into reptiles too...lol...I'm currently breeding my two piebald ball pythons...hopefully eggs will be coming soon, and i just bought a Ivory lavender super tiger reticulated python from glades herp..

11. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

Hmm... I'll trade you my left arm, 10 geckos and a roomate for one of your Pied hatches. Hows that sound?

I have a Spider male and 2 pastel females that I am hoping to get up to weight for next year, but Pieds are my favorites! Those and Bumblebees...

Genevieve

12. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Man, I want a piebald ball python. Last time I was looking, though, they were way too expensive for my budget. Lucky! :)

ETA: Sorry OP. Wasn't trying to ignore you. Just got wrapped up in herp chat. Welcome! :D

13. jcrazy

jcrazy Pup

i want a bumble bee or a killer bee

14. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Isn't that strange that a lot of pit bull fanciers also like snakes? I myself am a wimpy wimp. I like corn snakes of which I have 2. One is a normal colored one named Aspen (a.k.a. bitch snake) & the other is a creamsicle named Peaches. No pythons or boas for me thanks. I like to look at them, but that's just too much snake for me to own! :D

15. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

I have a Carpet Python, a Green Tree Python, 3 Ball Pythons, 2 Saharan Sand Boas, 2 Rough Scaled Sand Boas, 2 Bay of LA Rosy Boas and a crap load of Kenyan Sand Boa morphs. All little stuff. I don't want anything I can't handle.

16. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

It is funnny how so many of us are in to reptiles:D. I had 2 Albino Corn Snakes and a few lepard Gecos, but had to get ride of them when I left for boot camp. I wanted a python but they get alil to big for me.

17. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

Should try Ball Pythons- they only get to be about 5'- not too much longer than a corn, just heavier bodied.

Genevieve