1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Sores?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Iverson's Pits, Dec 22, 2006.

1. So What Do Ya'll Make Of This? Some Are Kinda Blurry, But This Pooch Has These Round Sores On Her Body. They Are Not Fighting Wounds, More Like....i Dont Even Know. There Is One Under Her Left Eye, One On Her Left Wrist, One In The Outside Crook Of Her Elbow, And A Couple Of Scabs On Her Tail, Which She Keeps Busting Open. This Dog Was Left Entrusted To Someone For A Relatively Short Period Of Time, And This Is How She Is Returned. The Vet Appt. Is Tomorrow...just Seein' What Ya'll Thought.

AFTERMATH OF INSECT BITES???

Attached Files:

2. And Here Is The Wrist.

Attached Files:

3. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

dont look like much. i would jam some nustock in it and skip the vet unless it worsens'

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Very possible its insect bites. They also most look like "lick wounds" 1/2 way through healing, but the location rules that out.

5. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Could she have gotten into something with a wild animal in your yard??? or caught on a fence wire?

6. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Have you switched foods, got a new detergent (if shes a house dog), etc etc?

Seems like it could be allergy related from the looks of it. Looks like shes licking/biting her feet, which can be a sign of allergies.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

That wouldnt explain the big one under the eye though, which is why you can rule out self-inflicted wounds. Doesnt look like a tear, as you see with dogs in barbed fences, they look fairly shallow, just large surface scabs more or less? The tail really looks like a spider bite to me, all but the leg look like your average insect bite, the leg does appear self-inflicted, probably licking or biting as MC said.

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

When you squeeze them, does puss come out of it? Get some FuraZone and DMSO and mix it up(use rubber gloves, Fura is a carcenagen to himans), I use perozide to clean initially, then wipe clean, and then apply the mixture once or twice a day. Adding the DMSO to the Fura-Zone causes the healing to go deep, and ends up healing faster and less scarring, visably anyhow. If puss does come out, I would suggest going a round of penecillan.

9. No Puss. They Are Dry And Scabbed. According To The Vet, The Tail Is Just Run-of-the-mill Tail Trauma From Her Being Such A Happy Kinda Dog. She Scraped The Eye And Wrist For Demo, With A Negative Result. She Said That We're In A New Country, With New Alergies, Her First Winter, Going From Inside To An Outside Dog, Stresses Of Moving, Climate Changes, New Surroundings, Etc....oh, And She's Also Coming Into Heat. I Swear This Dog Has 4-6 Heat Cycles Per Year! She Said To Just Put Some Neosporine On There And Watch It Heal.