1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

South carolina woman kills devil dog

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by raman781, Jan 27, 2011.

1. raman781

raman781 Pup

South Carolina woman, Miriam Fowler Smith, kills nephew's 'devil dog' after pup eats her Bible: cops

BY Aliyah Shahid
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 9:34 AM

[​IMG]
    Miriam Fowler Smith, 65, told cops she killed her nephew's pitbull after the animal chewed on her Bible.

A South Carolina woman is claiming an act of canine cruelty was simply an act of divine intervention.

Miriam Fowler Smith, 65, told cops on Monday that she hung and burned her nephew's pit bull after the animal took a bite out of her bible.

She claimed God urged her to kill Diamond, a 1-year-old female dog, because the animal was a "devil dog" and would hurt neighborhood children.

Smith was arrested on Sunday and remains in Spartanburg County jail. She could face faces 180 days or up to five years behind bars if she's convicted with felony animal cruelty.

She does not have a lawyer yet.

Authorities said Smith confessed to wrapping an extension cord around Diamond's neck, hung the animal from a tree, and then set the pup on fire.

Andy Fowler, the dog's owner and Smith's nephew, left home on Jan. 9. When he returned on Jan. 15, his beloved dog was missing.

When Fowler confronted his aunt, she admitted to killing the dog, according to cops.

Police found the dead canine nearby under a pile of dried grass. Part of the orange cord was still wrapped around the dog's neck. The smell of kerosene lingered in the air, according to animal control's report.

Jaime Nelson, director of the county's Environmental Enforcement Department, said Smith's mental state could affect what type of punishment she receives.

He was shocked by the woman's detached attitude as she recounted the horrific slay.

"She just acted like what's done has been done," Nelson said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat..._kills_nephews_devil_dog_after_pup_eats_.html

This lady is a nut, it only a matter of time before she takes out some kid for wearing a Slayer shirt.

2. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

oh em gee. REALLY?!?! that is terrible :mad: i say she faces the same "divine intervention" that poor little pup did.

3. An Eye for an Eye and Tooth for a Tooth would probably cut down the murder rate

4. Wow, this woman is in need of some serious mental help...

5. perryboy

perryboy Pup

That ol lady is defently insane ! She"s desreves the max. Punishment but i think she"s insane so she"s gonna probley is spend some time in a nut house !! I think what she did was very cruel !!

6. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

Waste of a dog. But;.... I bet the dog wont do that again. If she ate the dog afterwards she'd be free right now.

Smoked Pit Cajun Pit(Chinese/French delicacy{respectively})

Furmommies should mind their own business and take care of their kids (DOGS are property)

If she didnt break any fire ordinances she should be free... i wouldnt do it but hey it's her dogs her right. If she did it to mine Different story... Anyway JMO of whats wrong with the world.

Can I have Personal Property rights ... pleeease

7. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

8. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

PS
    My full response to the Nut Jobs with emotional issues who want to lock people up for plying with their food.

Look ur a furmommy if you tell someone how to play with their food.
    Messing with someone elses property CRIME...
    Wanting to arrest someone cause they play with their food makes you mentally unstable

So IMO your mentally disturbed and possibly mentally unfit to have children or take care of yourself even; if you want someone felony arrested cause they play with their food. That's alot of hate in your heart
    Playing with your food is your business...

So be cool

1. I was joking
    Because
    2. I think the sh*t is funny... Who the hell throws away good dogs... That's like burning a good pair of shoes.
    3. i have love for my property so I wouldnt do it.
    PETA lover.

9. STORM...

STORM... Pup

WTF?? some people..... hope she gets what she deserves. an eye for an eye.

10. TheStunnah

TheStunnah Big Dog

But it wasnt her dog, It was her Nephews dog, There for it wasnt her property to destroy, Right?
    Far im religious but i wouldnt go killing a dog or any animal just cos it took a bite out of my bible! A bible is easily replace but a life of an animal IS NOT!!
    I reckon she should get full punishment. Even though she prob wouldnt get much time inside cos shes a complete NUT CASE!!..lolzz

11. jacko

jacko CH Dog

stupid hick bitch , she wants tortchin lol!!1

12. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

Quote;"Plying with their food? WTF!! Are you from Korea?
    Your such an idiot, your post doesn't even deserve a rebuttal.

13. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

Sorry, but I can't agree with giving a tortuous death to a puppy because it's 'your property' FUCK that. This is a living, breathing, feeling thing. And if you think that to burn and suffocate it to death for no reason is fine and dandy you shouldn't own animals.

I'm not against a bullet, if you put your own dog down and know how to put it down with no suffering good on you - this bitch is just crazy.

14. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

I could be french too SUCKA...Dont be an ethnic racist most cultures eat dog. 300 country's 80 percent eat dog. LMAO

:eek4::eek4::eek4::neener::neener::neener::sign0151::sign0151::sign0151::ohshit::ohshit::ohshit::sucker::sucker::sucker::sucker::sucker::sucker::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::fight::fighting0059::fighting0059::fighting0059::fighting0059::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::banghead::banghead::banghead:

FUrmommies are RACIST

:lolbangtable::lolbangtable::lolbangtable::lolbangtable::lolbangtable:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  15. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

In all seriousness... She's crazy but so are people who want to lock other people up because of what they do with their animals...

Liberals should all just meet on the battlefield of ideas

and LOSE:cool:

16. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

I don't give a crap if you EAT dog, I don't care if you use them for fur coats, but I DO care that you treat them humanely and don't torture them to death.

I do support this psycho being punished.

17. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

WTF is HUMANE...???? :confused::confused::confused:

Your worse than OBAMA W(in) T(he) F(uture):eek::mad:

HUMANE... Their not humans... I personally have enough money and family and am happy enough in my life to keep my morality to myself...:cool:

HUMANE SOCIETY LOSERS obviously dont and cant produce...
    Your real humane picking a perfectly good lettuce out of the ground or walking and crushing some grass... God forbid your not a vegetarian or are a vegetarian and eat mother earth herself (SOY MOMMA)

I would you like it if a giant stepped on you...(GRASS)

You make no sense whatsoever \
    Lock a dog in a cage stick it with a needle and say it was euthanized... Have you ever been euthanized; do you know if it's really painless... Does someone put a choke collar on you or eat your cousins (chickens/dogs/lettuce whatever)

How bout all humans just cease to exist right now... So we could really be humane

HUMANE my ass reevaluate and stop being a parrot. Once you become actualized... dont fight for your freedoms pick up responsibilities and restore sanity to your CREW of HSUS buddies.

18. Muttkip

Muttkip Big Dog

Dumbass much?

19. bauer

bauer Top Dog

Me think she needs a padded room..

20. jacko

jacko CH Dog

she looks like one of them folk off of that film "wrong turn" no offence to canibals .