1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Southern Kennels

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Big Game Bulldogs, Nov 5, 2021.

?

Does Southern Kennels have a history of producing high quality game dogs?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. snk88

snk88 Pup

You have helped. I’m talking all that is said and trying to paint a picture. Again though, it’s hard to get the truth when some people are lying, some people don’t know what they are talking about, some people partially know what they are talking about and some people are complete morons that like to portray themselves as if they know something. So with all of this I’m getting a picture. I’ve herd some things from you guys on here about Chico that is concerning. I have to find the truth in a world of internet trolls and where there are some that do tell the truth. It’s not easy my friend. But I do appreciate any sound advice that is true and well meant

2. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

I told you this before: This forum is full of A holes...BUT, these guys absolutely KNOW ABOUT BULLDOGS. I've owned 5, but many on here have owned hundreds. Just forget everything you thought you knew about dogs, ths breed is TOTALLY different. Listen to these guys. Yeah, I come here about every 10 years to source dogs. I argue with people...hell I've threatened to kill people, but guess what: I LISTENED to them and every time ended up with a REAL bulldog (which is not always such a good thing). The dogs I've gotten...I would put them down with most anything from Chico..but again these dogs are not exactly what you are looking for. You gotta understand that. Empty your mind and listen.

3. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

Just do a little research on Chico and look at it objectively. If you want a Chico dog, by all means, get you one. But there is a reason why Chico is only a big deal in his own head, and why his customers are people completely naive to the game dog world. Good luck in your search.

Ssdd likes this.
  4. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

OK, so if you really want one of these dogs you are in Michigan. That is close to where Iron Line dogs come from. Mike is dead but you can probably find some of his dogs in that area. See if there is any Gambler blood around.

5. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I'll bite to get let go of too. His daddy and Google told him that's a no go

6. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Theyll*

7. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

I think, if I remember correctly, that you were the one who helped me get my current pup. Not sure if I should thank you or hate you

8. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Speaking of Mike, someone just posted up this ped on FB. Don't know if the dog is/will be bred however. details.php

9. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

We tried and you proceeded to tell us you and your daddy know more. Hence the brick wall and you being made fun of for sounding like a 8 year old girl talking about your daddy and Google.

Buy the shit eater, get bit by it or fuck it up with you and your daddy's training then come tell us how it was the breeders fault. We'll still be here "broski" lmao

Revelator likes this.
  10. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Here ya go: Pure Norrod breeding done 1/3/23. Shoot, wouldn't mind getting one myself.details.php

But honestly my friend, you really, really don't understand these dogs and you need to be more willing to learn. You cannot do the things you want to do with these dogs. If you want PPO/IPO type work the chances are slim it will work out. Maybe better if you get to pick from the litter. I have no experience w/ Norrod dogs....just spent endless hours on the phone listening to Mike, LOL. You need to find out what these dogs are like first.

11. che

che Top Dog

@Dusty Road said why they called this dogs nanny dogs. How ignorant can you be to not understand why some things are said or done.
    You need just a piece of a brain. You don’t need to be Einstein to get it….

12. snk88

snk88 Pup

Not true my friend. I am leaning towards him, yes. But only because he seems to be claiming to breed towards the true standard of the REAL APBT. I also agree with him on how most people aren’t real dogman. Just like how the amstaffs are only APBT by pedigree, they were bred away from the TRUE standard and now have been given a different name. I think these modern day so called APBTs should be given a different name. The dogs that are bitting humans and killing kids for whatever reason are not worthy to be called APBT. They are result of unknowledgable, irresponsible breeders who have completely ruined the breed. It’s so sad. It’s happened to literally ALL working breeds in this country. I’m not decided on Chico. I just know that some of the the things he’s said is completely accurate. Idk why everyone doesn’t agree with what I just stated. A man bitter should be culled, an unstable dog should be culled. Period. How can anyone disagree with this? I really don’t understand. It’s SO basic. You should know and understand the standard of the APBT and breed for that standard. Anything off from that should not be bred for. As a breeder that should be the most basic obtained knowledge that you should possess.

13. snk88

snk88 Pup

I don’t want a sport dog. Not at all. You are right in saying that they aren’t bred for sport. More specifically IPO/IGP/PSA/French ring etc. I simply just want a REAL APBT. One that was bred to the REAL standard. You’re absolutely right in saying I don’t understand these dogs. BECAUSE, they are NOT real APBTs according to the STANDARD. The STANDARD is exactly that. It’s the STANDARD. It’s suppose to be a given. The standard of the breed. If I give you a uniform and say, this uniform is the standard uniform for your given job. You can’t wear something that’s a different color or a different hat with it etc. because that would be outside of the STANDARD. What I’m trying to say is that just as the AMSTAFF is considered a different breed than the APBT, so is the modern day game bred APBT that people are breeding. I’ve herd many people call me ignorant and all sorts of names on here when I’m actually trying to show these guys how ignorant THEY ARE. Just because you have a yard full of dogs that are bred to a different standard than the REAL APBT, doesn’t mean that they are APBTs. If that were true, then why aren’t amstaffs called APBTs? They aren’t called APBTs because they are bred to a different STANDARD. They are bred for that AKC show ring. They lack the performance side of the APBT. Now these game dogs that are biting humans and are unstable in every way shape and form, they are not TRUE APBTS according to the standard that was written at the origination of the BREED! This is what I’m trying to get y’all who disagree with me to understand. There is a writen standard. And tho some of you may have a game dog, you don’t have a REAL APBT according to the STANDARD! The ball has been dropped and people who call themselves dogman have been breeding to a different standard than what was originally meant for these dogs. It’s so shameful and it blows me away that there are no professionals here on a game dog forum that can see what I’m saying is 100% accurate. I’ve posted the standard - not my words - the actual written standard of the real original APBT. If y’all can’t understand what is happening to this breed, with the facts I’ve shown you, then it goes to show how the breed got to where it’s at. Uneducated, prideful, ignorant men who think they know what they are doing when it comes to breeding these dogs. And they call themselves dog men. SMH it’s such a disgrace. I hope there’s some professionals, even just one, who understands what I’m saying. SAVE THE BREED AND BRING BACK THE REAL APBT ACCORDING TO THE STANDARD! Those bulldogs were GAME yet fit the rest of the standard. Some of you most likely have some on your yard. Please start over and use those dogs as your foundation. Put the time and effort in. Educate yourself on the REAL BREED STANDARD and bring back the real APBT

14. snk88

snk88 Pup

I understand what you’re saying. Also, thank you for having a logical conversation with me, detaching yourself from emotion and trying to speak from your experience. I appreciate that and that’s how I can listen to you with respect and understand where you’re coming from. But what I’m really trying to say is - I’m not looking to get one of these APBTs from someone who is breeding to a different standard than what the original APBTs were bred for. What I’m trying to say is - these are NOT APBTs. My proof is this. Amstaffs have are 100% APBT by pedigree. But, since they have been bred away from the original standard, lacking the performance side, and bred for the show side, these dogs have been given a different name. They are now called amstaffs . Because they are a temperamentally different dog. Now with that understanding let’s look at the game dogs that some of these guys are talking about on here. These modern day game dogs are not real APBTs. This is not my opinion only. This is based on the written standard of the original APBT. These dogs are bred based ONLY on performance. They are lacking in every other area. Guys are saying their bulldogs are biting them and that’s ok. NO IT IS NOT! You have bred a LESS THAN DOG if you think that is ok. This is why I think these dogs should have a different name. Sure they are APBT by pedigree. But so are the amstaffs. The REAL APBT, according to stud ORIGINAL standard, is not man aggressive. It’s a friendly, gentle dog as far as humans are concerned. What’s happened is uneducated, irresponsible breeders have allowed these traits to be bred into the bloodline. From decades of doing this, you now have unstable, kid killing, man biting dogs all across the board. And no one is intelligent enough to understand that this is a less than dog. It’s not a dog to be proud of or a dog to admire and most definitely not a dog to breed. If you want to match such a dog, sure. Do it. But DONT BREED THE DOG!! You are adding traits into the breed that have ruined it. And that’s why there is BSL nocking at the door. Because people have no idea what they are doing when breeding these dogs. These traits can pop up with any breed. But to breed it into your bloodline?? People have ruined bloodlines completely. The same thing happened to the GSD. Americans got their hands on them, misused their freedom, and didn’t educate themselves on the BREED STANDARD and began breeding a different dog. Still a gsd by pedigree but a different dog entirely. I’ll add this - A working dog used for man work can have and should have man aggression. They should have a want, to challenge and bite a human being. That’s what they are bred for. Man work. BUT, the APBT is not a MAN WORK dog. It’s a PIT dog. The STANDARD for these dogs is different. Guys who bred man aggressive dogs bred DIRECTLY AGAINST the STANDARD. Now we have these extremely tenacious dogs, (which they should be according to standard) extremely driven and determined dogs, (which is also according to standard) which LACK the other traits needed that added STABILITY to the breed. The standard is there for that reason. If you are a PROFESSIONAL and a REAL DOGMAN, you would breed according to standard. If you were doing that, you would have a real bulldog that has all the traits that we love as far as performance goes, but would also have the stability that goes with it and all the other parts that made these dogs so sought after at its origination. So, do I want these modern day, less than, APBTs that are an entirely different breed according to the written standard? HELL NO I don’t. I want a REAL APBT. Not one of these less than unstable street dogs only good enough to be chained up and only let off to work or be matched. That’s not an APBT. THE REAL APBT IS A FRIENDLY, LOYAL, AFFECTIONTE, OBEDIENT dog. And they originally were bred as ABSOLUTELY AMAZING ANIMALS that are just as game if not even more game due to its stability and ability to handle stress when exhausted - because of its stability.

15. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

I am sorry, you are so hopelessly lost I cannot help you.

16. snk88

snk88 Pup

Thank you for your advice.I appreciate it. I’ll look into this

17. snk88

snk88 Pup

Please tell me which part? I’d like to know what I said that is off. Thanks

18. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Everything

19. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

I feel like you have these fantasy ideas of what a "real" pitbull is, while totally ignoring the FACTS of what they are. Chico has sold you a bill of goods. The man has been proven a liar, multiple times over. At this point, he is nothing but a peddler, selling a story, with dogs that are completely misrepresented as to what they even are.
    You came here seeking insight, yet refute every ounce of it you are given by actual dogmen, people who know these dogs inside and out, front to back. You don't really want the facts, you want someone to validate your misconception. Best of luck in your journey, you're gonna need it.

20. snk88

snk88 Pup

So now it seems that you say all of it because you can’t specifically tell me which part and debate it, using facts. If you have facts - using the original breed standard, please share them with me. If I’m wrong I have absolutely no problem admitting that. But if I’m right, do you have a problem admitting it? I’d like to know specifically which part I’m wrong on. Mostly because I fully believe in what I’m saying. I’ve used the breed standard to argue my point. If I was wrong on something, I’d love to have a conversation about it. Again though, I’m not basing my argument upon the notion and understanding of what a game dog is today - I’m basing my argument on what the APBT was when it was originated. According to the breed standard. Not my opinion, not on the modern day dogs, but according to the breed standard itself. If you can show me where I’m off, if in fact I am off, I would love to learn. But if not, maybe you should ask yourself if you’re being too prideful to accept that what I’m saying is the truth - based on facts not emotion and skewed knowledge. If you have the ability to detach yourself emotionally from this argument, you’ll be able to see that what I’m saying is truth. The APBT isn’t the only dog that has been bred away from the standard. It’s all working dogs. Not according to my opinion - it’s according to the standard written at the origination of the breed. Most working dog handlers know this. With the gsd, that is why only the best dogs come from Europe. Because the dog has to pass a temperament test, and has to be titled to show that it’s temperamentally stable first, and then it has to show that it can do the work it was being bred for. Whether that is herding or some type of sport work. This is why you can still get a real gsd, according to the standard, from Europe. They usually won’t sell a good dog from a litter to an American though because they know the person getting the dog will ruin the bloodline. Not unless you have a deep and trusting relationship with these breeders. Military and police can get good ones. Real ones. But they protect their bloodlines because they don’t want it to be ruined by armatures and uneducated, irresponsible breeders. That’s why we have the problem we have today. It’s sad and I wish someone could understand the reality of what I’m saying. Please show me where I’m off. Or maybe just admit that I’m right and work, education, time, effort and dedication need to go back into this breed