1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Southern style Soul food

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Roller55, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

Chinese all about work. Like all about work. They government took over they damn mind. They hardly celebrate shit. I hope they dont take over or spread their propaganda

2. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

U start watching their T.V shows next thing u know your eating chop suey. Thats how they get u jumping to their beat the damn T.V shows. They should call it the AGENDA.

3. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

4. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

Im with Texas.

5. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

The Research Triangle Park in NC is one of the healthiest, most educated places in the country. But it quickly gets absorbed into the more socio-economically challenged areas and the 'rural southern' eating habits drag NC towards the bottom of the list. And with that said I would not trade it for any other place I have been.

Working out and being healthy is a relative term, relative at best. My uncle could press a TH350 automatic transmission off his chest, wiggle a knee under it, hold it in place with one hand and use the other hand to start a couple bell housing bolts. But put him on a weight bench and he struggled with 125lbs.

Bama could very split wood all day but not be able to run to the mail box. The next guy could run clear across the county yet that 8lb maul would break him down.

I work in a plant where if it is 95 outside (like today) it is closer to 105 in the building. We just let a guy go who looked like a body builder/cross fit super athlete. He would leave work and go to the gym or run a few miles. I can't run around the block but he couldn't move drums (220lbs/100kgs) from pallet to pallet in the heat. Go figure.

All relative.

S

bamaman likes this.
  6. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

For sure Slim lot of angles. One time in highschool i got into a fight with this big muscle kid. He was strong like if he hit me id probably end up 10 kilometers away. But man was he slow i must punched him about 6 times clean in the jaw. Next thing i see his buddy coming running towards us. I wasnt smart but smart enough to know two muscle bound idiots would be to much so i ran. These idiots chases me for quite a way then started huffing and puffing cause we jumped two fences. They were so tired sitting on the floor i started taunting them and i threw those old style glass pop bottle at them but they just couldnt chase me no more.

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

That's about right Slim.Really and truly body is amazing in what it can get use to and overcome. Comes down to how bad it needs to be done to put food on the table lol.

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

We talk about these Southern Traditional Dishes like fried chicken and I don't eat much of it all and I love it .Just most fried chicken sucks unless you can get it done the old school way and not alot of people out there now days that know how .So I rarely eat fried chicken.lol

AGK likes this.
  9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Yesterday I wound up cooking it on the grill but I have to say it was dam tasty.

Michele and AGK like this.
  10. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I wouldn't want to live in any of those places I mentioned except perhaps Colorado. I'd prefer to live in the south myself, I just haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet. You can be healthy anywhere you live. Has to do more with personal choices than location.

david63 and bamaman like this.
  11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Colorado is pretty cool but denver is kind of a shit hole with some of the worst traffic you ever saw. I was just there last week a few days. You can smell the bud from all the grow facilities around the industrial area.

bamaman and AGK like this.
  12. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

My son is a believer in this theory. The Lotus flower grows in a swamp. Hes a very sucessful buisness man that started with nothing.

13. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

U need some basics. Good clean air no bud smell, Fresh glacier water, Good quality food, affordable shelter, and a tall strong lady incase u get hurt. Just the basic. Would be nice if u could have a good yard with some fruit trees and dogs. Just the basic

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I can tell you Texas is a tough place especially coming from another country .The Heat is bad plus rattlesnakes every where and then it's having a terrible border crisis.Just seeing where your interest lie I think you be better off out West.

15. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

Your right bama. People always looking over the fence think here or there is better. I grew up watching cowboy movies and till now i think Texas is the real America. A man can defend his property and oil and blah blah blah. They probably got a bunch of issues

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

My man I have to ask why on earth would you start a thread on Soul Food and then go in a total different direction with Glacier Water and Fruit trees ? When folks want Soul Food man they talking fried foods ,greens,black-eyed peas and cornbread with peach cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.Its not the best food if your Health Conscious about what you eat.Texas is about Soul Food man and also Mexican.Part of Texas borders the Gulf of Mexico just like a handful of Southern states so any state on the Gulf of Mexico is gone be close to the same as far as traditional foods and other traditional customs.Now you can prob get into west and North Texas and it may change a little bit but I doubt very much.Places you will find that best suit your interests sounds like Oregon ,Cali ,Washington out that way and Colorado. YEP Texas is considered West but very much a Southern State rich in Southern Culture.

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Bama the fella want to gentrify Texas lmfao

bamaman likes this.
  18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I got family in Texas lol my dad was actually born in Texas but raised in Alabama.

19. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

Bama im really good at managing fiood, drugs,alcohol the dogs, cash,. I just ramble sometimes thats why conversation goes all over.

bamaman likes this.
  20. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

For the most part 90 percent i eat healthy. Most times i sip a whiskey, then some i will have a couple shots. And when my wifes parents say their coming i drink out the bottle. No problem.