1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Sperm Shipping

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by big dan, Nov 26, 2010.

1. big dan

big dan Big Dog

Does anyone know thw cost of shipping from from 1 vet to another.Thanks BigDan

2. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Re: Spearm Shipping

Depends on where your shipping to and from, also the tank your shipping it in matters aswell. You should speak to your vets about that and find out.

3. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

It cost me $112. to ship the special box overnight with the ice pack & semen. But that was over a year ago.

4. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

My was frozen and i needed a different tank. Was your semen fresh or chilled?

5. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

It was fresh chilled, not frozen so I was able to use a special ice pack to keep it cool.

6. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

ok. There is a very nice woman in TX who uses those ice packs and such. I hope all this info helped big dan.

7. big dan

big dan Big Dog

Thanks.I knew you had to have a special container.This will be frozen 4 vails from dogs long dead.If the spearm count is high should you be able to get 1 litter from each vail.I know pretty much how all this works in horses but not dogs .Thanks again.

8. if the sperm count is high with the right vet you can get more then one breeding per vail......

9. SWB

SWB Pup

Is it possible to ship frozen sperm from one country to another? Ex usa-rus.

10. Depends on the Country but yes............

11. SWB

SWB Pup

must be kind of expencive .

12. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Yes you can ship to other countries but you need to check their laws for importing semen. Especially in countries that have pit bull bans. I know its practically impossible to send semen to Australia. The law is pretty strict there.

13. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Camelot farms sells the equipment to ship semen.
    Camelot Farms - Home

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

i don't know anything about a vials . but they use 4 straws for a breeding . you can use 3 if you want . i use 3 and i get 7-12 pups . i've seen pics at the vet with 16-21 pups . i all depends on the bitch . how frtile she is . you already know the sperm court so now it's up to the bitch and how many fertile eggs she's producing .

15. Where I have mine saved they call them, vials, thats what they save them in same thing as your straws but u save more from my understanding, one vial can get you more than one breeding but they like to use one have got up to 9 pups using this system with no lower then 7 produced pups everytime vials were used.....................

Home Page

With Respect Dred