1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Springpole usa

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by purplepig, Aug 3, 2006.

1. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Hey, has anyone seen this?
    http://www.springpoleusa.com/store.asp

Just wondering, as I ordered one to try out last week, havent recieved it yet. Wondering if anyone has tried it and if it worked out?

J

2. Never used it, but 250lb strength, doesn't seem like a lot, not when your talking Pit bulls anyway!.....I dunno

After viewing that site again, IMO they are making stuff for the "pit bull wanna be" A true game bred pit bull (I think) could tear that thing up in a few minutes....JMO

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2006
  3. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Yeah I agree looks like a good idea but Looks light weight. Smokey would probaly taer that up. Let a stray come over our hill..

4. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

a game dog is going to tear that thing a part..... but i dont know anything about those.
    and what is with the collar with the bullets in it?

5. Is that not craziest thing you have ever seen?

6. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

yeah, lol, it looks retarded... (if anyone else likes it, im sorry)

7. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Ok now that is funny who in the hell gonna walk a dog with all of that on him. First of all a brotha gonna get locked up for that. lol. Second those spikes will tear your legs up. PLEASE

8. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

lol those collars are awesome lol, i could see if u hunted with ur dog and u needed more bullets but really u couldn't walk a dog down the street with that lol its great how people think of the dumbest things.

9. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

LOL, I guarantee anyone walkin a dog with a collar like that will get locked up!! The collars look cheap made and would be shreaded in a heartbeat, looks like, but the idea of the springpole look good to me. I have no idea how it is made, but I believe that if it is not strong, I can improve the idea and make it work. For one thing, I have no idea as to what schedule the pipe is. I'll post back and let you know how it works, IF I get it!!!

I got some stakes that I made that many would probably say wouldnt work, but they do very well. I use 3/4" steel bars and,... well let me see.
    ..[​IMG]

10. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I really like the spiked one but I could make one for 20 instead of buying for 90...lmao...and the bullet ones are cool but id never let a dog run around with live ammo in it...kids and dogs tend to impact at hi speeds and I would hate to see something bad happen...plus live ammo out of your site is dangerous ammo....

11. Devin

Devin Pup

I really think that those springpoles look cheap. Dante would surely have it tore up in no time at all. My dad just got done building Dante's springpole yesterday. The concrete had to dry so Dante hasn't got a chance to use it yet. I will try to get some pics of it in the next couple of days. It was cheaper than 80 bucks to build and it seems like it would be a lot stronger. But the collars only one word comes to mind when I see those ghetto.

12. My thoughts exactly!!!!

13. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Yeah, those bullet collars are like eye-rollers...stupid idea!

14. Attila

Attila Guest

those collars look as smart as shitting underneath a running brushhog. Cheap looking stuff. All that pole is made of is chainlink fence post and couplers with a flat piece of metal weilded on to a second coupler for the attachment. That bungie strap ever breaks you dog looses an eye. Remember the kids back in the day wearing trax from KMart. There you are stuff that looks like it should have come from K Mart. lol Retarded a$$ $h!t.

WB

15. chrisgr212

chrisgr212 Big Dog

black_caesar72 that was really funny.lol!:D
    ruthless reality:eek:

16. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, I got the pole. I do some welding and the first thing I noticed was that the welds on the top and on the tie out are very crappy. They would have been better to have bought some super glue to stick the metal together instead of using their welding machine. To make a good weld, there must be penetration in the two metals being welded together, and this was not the case. They just burnt their rods on top of the pipe.

Even so, I follow their instructions. 2 ft hole, 2ft wide. the bottom pipe is made to where when you pull the longer pipe out, the top of the bottom pipe will be flush with the ground. level and plumb this piece and concrete. Let it set for a day, well I let is set for about 3 days. Put the rest of it together, and this evening I went out and let one of my females get on it. She didnt even have a good grip on the rope, I shook it alittle, and she pulled once and BAM, the weld at the top broke. I have contacted them as they have a 90 day return policy. If they'll give me allot of my money back, I'll keep it and reweld it to see just how strong the design is.
    Let you know how they deal with me. Since my ordering this the price has jumped another $15. from 60 to 75.

J

17. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

I go the old fashion way on spring poles i just get a spring for a swinging chair.(you could get this at lowes or any home impervment center)each spring can hold 300 lbs buy little clmps and get a rope from the feed store cause there cheap and hang it from a tree and thats it or any were sterdy. cause what they sell looks like it wont last

18. what do you think the dog thinks of the collar - each day i walk around not tring to make any mistakes knowing death is on my neck. its a reminder of the day (what-when-and where) i quit with bullets that close all you can think is oooohhhhhhhhhh sh*t.

19. i just honestly couldnt belive the collar that held the live ammo,i guess they are trying to cater to the drug dealing client,shit even if you was hunting with you dog what possiable purpose could a dog that is wrestling a hog with bullets around it's neck serve.i know for a fact i aint gonna run in there and try to take a bullet from the dogs collar in the heat of the fight between the hog and the dog.liable to get your arm sliced open,during a hunt it is your own responsiablity to have your extra ammo on your person not your dogs.but as far as the spring poles go nothing but crap i was gonna say you could make one a hell of a lot stronger and a hell of a lot cheaper than from these boys,but to late for that,lol.hope you get some money back but i highly doubt you will.

P.S - ask em if they can make me a harness for my dog that can launch either a grenade or a missle.