1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

starve keep

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by p1tbull, Oct 30, 2010.

1. garth

garth Big Dog

Frank what I'am saying is when your dog is ready to start working he should be at his or her danceing wt,not fead to it or worked down to it.Your dog will dance better if they are worked at their danceing wt.

2. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Red your right lots of newbies reading this
    and if we crack jokes about all the stupid questions they may never get it right some of these new doggers may only have a jackass teaching them the wrong shit
    but if we have tunnel vision and bash them instead of helping them find out the truth
    What good have we done for the breed
    answering an uneducated(bulldogwise) question
    with a simular answer(uneducated) only makes their understanding alot worse

3. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

I havent bashed anyone on this thread Frank.

4. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

This post here was just enough to start a chaine reaction of some bullshit.
    but unknowingly you have agreeded to seeing a dog conditioned in a starve keep for the show ring joking
    then said it was stupid
    so to a new comer it sounds like it is used burt even though its stupid to you it came from their mentor and just prooves he was speaking truth
    and your followers didnt help with the aman`s, and right ons

5. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

ummm Frank with all do respect ^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is babble :D lmao ....uhh huhhhh ??? come again??

6. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

If his/her mentor is teaching them the wrong way at home, you joking about it here, shure isnt teaching them the right way!

Do you understand me now?

7. garth

garth Big Dog

Answer the uneducated(Bulldog Wise)with an educated answer.Some have no mentor,therefore the educated ones that post on this board should answer there ?s with an educated answer not bash them,or type babble.

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Red correct me if I am wrong but I have never heard of starve keep is that even a legit term or method? .. I have heard of Pre Keep and Keep .. And then you have fasting.. Never have I heard of the term Starve Keep.

IMO the best way for an animal to loose weight is by cutting calorie intake and lowering fat content in the feed. Basically you can feed less but you still need to incorporate an exercise routine based on the dog's fitness level. If the dog is not use to exercising you start them off light and work them up increasing their level of training little by little.

9. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Im on my cellphone and if i take to much time to to type a reply i get logged out
    without my post being posted

so sorry for the run on paragraphs of bable lol

10. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

I personaly have never herd the term. I think it sounds as if you got the rest just right;)

11. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

And Ive never heard of fasting a dog either maybe its a different term for the samething the english language does that sometime

But tunnel fision dosnt let you see the many ways one term can be used

12. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

If any one has been to boot camp/jail
    even though they feed you three times
    a day it would still feel as though you were starving untill your body adjusted to the amount of calories provided

in reality you wasnt starving but it sure as hell felt like it though

13. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
  14. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Thanks for that sadie now i have heard of it

but to be truthfull that guy may have came up with that just to justify making a website

I only feed my dogs once a day some may not agree but it works for me
    the only time my dogs miss a meal is to be wormed out and weighed and that happens on the same day

15. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

No fasting has many health benefits not only for dogs and other animals but for humans as well. People will fast for religious and health reasons it's a way to detox your body to rid the body of it's toxins. Animals will naturally fast when they are sick or injured. All you have to do is google fasting there are many many health benefits of fasting but like anything else it should be done correctly to be effective.

16. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I am familiar with the benifits of fasting for humans and various reasons for it
    but fasting lasts for more than one day
    usually

but you know what pay me no mind back to the shadows i go

17. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Hell man, the "food-scoop keep" is the most popular conditioning method. I've seen dogs sometimes that just made me wonder what kind of conscience the guy holding its leash had. People complain about how others just don't understand what a well conditioned bulldog is supposed to look like, when the truth is that they are the ones who have no clue. You can bring a dog in as hard, dry and tight as you like, and it still doesn't look like a scrawny moth-bag if you're doing it right. It just doesn't. Good condition shines off a dog. People know it when they see it even if they don't agree with how tucked the dog is or how many ribs show. There is a difference.

18. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Yeah I feel ya High Coast. Frank Dubblin, Its still jibberish lmao
    I said quote "starving a dog is plain stupid"
    I dont know how the op would missconscrew that message in any way shape
    or form? I made a joke about folks conditioning at the bowl. Are you trying to say that by makeing that joke it conferms some folks do starve there dogs? if so no shit some folks do it. Hideing the fact that there are retards who actualy starve there animals aint going to help nether.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
  19. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

What I call the ghetto keep, has done me right in every way.
    Ghet-to [get-oh]

1. a section of a city, esp. a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic strictions, pressures, or hardships.

What does ghetto mean to you Shadowwolf?

20. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

All canine's systems are designed to consume large quantities of meat and bones infrequently (every few days). This would work if feeding raw, but if feeding kibble a dog needs food more frequently (each day). I read somewhere that fasting greatly increases awareness and speed. The example they used was that a hawk actually couldn't catch prey until it was near starvation because only then is it light, fast, and focused enough to make a kill. People who fast also say that after a while the hunger disappears and they feel like they have eyes in the back of their head- hyper aware of their surroundings. all that said, I would never withhold food from any of MY animals