1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

steriods makes champions

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Bxpits, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

found this article on another site. its from the 1990 summer issue of the gazzette. just wanted to know whats everyones opinion and how often was steriods used? also are there other well known dogs that were known to be on the juice?

[​IMG]

2. Advocate

Advocate Big Dog

Aw shit thats all we needed! An asterisk placed on bloodlines and another congressional hearing only this time its not ball players its Dogmen! :)

3. Shameless

Shameless Big Dog

Great..

Lets f*** up our dogs natural chemical balance..something very little research has been done on..let alone enough to mess with it.

Along with the other possible side effects:
    Anaphylactic shock, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure/hypertension,
    kidney issues, water and salt retention, prostate enlargement, testicular atrophy, and increasing the amount of time it takes for your blood to clot.

Those are all just things that happen to people, the animal side effects are 'technically' unknown.

I'm all for people doing what they want to do to themselves but I don't agree with injecting it into your animal. All the things above can be monitored much closer with people than with dogs and I don't think the risk is worth the gain.

4. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

What do you want to bet that the same people who gave their dogs steroids couldn't figure out why their dog died so young and/or it didn't produce.....:eek::eek:

5. simms

simms CH Dog

There are pros and cons to anabolic steriods. If not used properly they can be dangerous. Most importantly in this thread... off lable use is illegal.

ETA: to comment on the title of this thread. Bet your ass it has!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
  6. simms

simms CH Dog

Can a mod edit out that addy and number on the artical that is posted? That would be great! No need to throw folks under the bus.

7. bradyFL

bradyFL Big Dog

i think one of the primary ones being used stanozolol/winstrol was actually designed for animals. they can increase bone density, increase red blood cell count, and increase the growth of muscle, and aid in recovery times. but like any conditioning tool, there is a right and a wrong way to use it. if someone doesn't understand how to work a dog on a mill they can ruin the dog the same can be said with about anything you use in a dog's keep. it's when people who don't know how to use these things ruin there dogs guessing at how it's done. personally, i prefer a well bred, naturally worked dog. just my two cents...

8. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Its cheeting and complete bullshit imo. You can not properly asess youre dog if he is all juced up. Stupid, lazy, greedy,unethical dogmen pull this shit. Its about the Money to these people ,NOT the dogs that is for damn sure.

9. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

most people that use them do so for recovery vs. the performance benefit. and it is like any other tool, if you do not use it correctly it will do harm to the dog.
    and the kicker is that it won't make a dog any better. if he is not game all the steroids in the world wont help. s.

10. simms

simms CH Dog

Lazy...No, there is just as much work that goes into useing enhancement drugs as opposed to a natural conditioning program.

One can speculate till the cows come home. If one can not properly asess their animal while performing with enhancement drugs on board they would not beable to asess that animal with out it. From a medical perspective, the same training and knowledge applied.

Deffinately not for the Novice.

11. simms

simms CH Dog

That's right! It wont build a better dog...LOL

12. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

it might not build a better dog but it will makes its bite stronger and with steriods comes natural imbalances that cause aggression which will do wonders to a dog that shows a little game in him. steriods also makes you more confident when as you get stronger,faster, i see all these things as ingredients for a champion dog. jmo thought but i know this from friends that use to play football on the juice. i dont doubt that you have to work just as hard as a normal dog in keep but the results double when your on the juice.

13. Advocate

Advocate Big Dog

With all the health problems these Bullies have, i wouldnt be surprised if Dave Wilson and these Gotti RE breeders juice the shit of there dogs. If not anabolic compound they use HGH maybe even the rubbing alcahol. I seen some bullies with there eyeballs bulging out i said G.D. howd it get like that! Legs thick as Mark Mcguire's.

14. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

you dont juice ya dog up to test him and see how good he is. you juice him up to win money lol... as for recovery lol.. most i here that anyone had to leave one down to long that was on the roids usually couldnt save the dog later.
    if you gotta go as far as roids, dont bother with him cause he dont have it naturally and if he aint got it naturally, he aint worth ..........:eek: that is fact and not worth any arguement, if you disagree with that you are dishonest to yourself and therfore dishonest about ya dog.
    so how do i feel about using roids???????
    natural feed, natural work, natural ability lol

15. simms

simms CH Dog

Absolutely pros and cons to its use. Any program takes work and dedication, if one is serious about what they do anyway.

Most importantly the off lable use of this is illegal... This is the WWW.

16. WWII

WWII Banned

I'm just gonna throw this out here, but the side effects for a healthy adult male using AAS is pretty much non-existent. Those side effects which do occur reverse after the drug is done being used. There are no direct links to heart disease. Kidney problems are usually linked to diuretics. High blood pressure, testicular shrinkage, water retention, etc... are considered "mild" side effects and return to normal after the drug has left your system. Anyway, when they had the hearings back in the early '90s I believe for the legality of AAS, many groups the government called on said there is no reason to ban them because the health risks just weren't there. So the gov. dismissed their testimonies and brought in their own. It wasn't a problem until Ben Johnson beat us in the Olympics and tested + for Winstrol.:rolleyes:

Many steroids were made for animals. Including, but not limited to:
    Winstrol
    Trenabol
    EQ

Now, if someone is gonna use them on their animal, that's their deal. I don't want to hear them crying if they screw them up. Just know it's not gonna turn a cur into a game dog, and if used wrong, they can actually hinder a dog's performance more than help it.

17. simms

simms CH Dog

Who said that? One better know what they have...Again this isn't for the novice.
    that is a judgement call, not the use of roids....if ones judgement was clouded then it should be chalked up to human eror nothing more nothing less.

18. simms

simms CH Dog

19. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

Steroids are horrible for people and for animals. People seem to forget that the heart is a muscle as well, by shooting up roids not only are you enhancing skeletal mass, protein synthesis and recovery, you are also increasing the size of all the muscles in the body including the HEART. Now if someone wants to call me a tree hugger for this one then this is simply ridiculous, a dog in its natural habitat does not go to the black market and order some vials of steroids for personal use and the goes home and injects himself. His dumb ass owner puts him in that situation:mad: plain and simple they are bad for you unless you had a severe burn, a genetic defficiency when growing up or if you had some kind of life threatning injury that needs fast recovery.

20. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

close but not completely accurate. the 'cause aggression' part is off. dogs are not like people and they react differently. what you will have is a dog that has recovered better (vs. natural), which in turn means better rested, which in turn means more energy to do more work, sort of why the cycle is called a cycle. and there is a fine line, very fine.
    the dog can get stronger, yes, but he won't bite any harder on the juice vs. natural.
    on steroids means more muscle most of the time. muscle requires oxygen, the more the muscle the more the oxygen. again it is the fine line. miss by just a hair and your freak will turn into a 40 minute fade. the next guy only has to weather the storm. then it is either the dogs fault, or the steroids but rarely is it the dumbass that gave them to them.
    steroids are not as prevelant as some think to make one perform better. i have known people who use them after the gathering because of their recovery, i.e. healing benefits.
    i personally have never used them on my dogs, **EDIT** TMI

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009