1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Steroids?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by AmericanDogMan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

Bottomline you get weak sperm from male dogs... dont even want to discuss the crazy effects on the female eggs.

Weak sperm the weakest offspring... Bad for making strides in actual Breed. Disservice
    We make these animals what they are drugs work for one generation but weaken the one's to come.
    It negates breeding two great dogs...by giving you the weakest possible offspring.

Would love to see someone else add some info.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
  2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

mmmmm i vote no on the performance enhancing drugs.

now maybe, the drugs that prevent dehydration (retain water), & prevent overheating. that makes sense, but not performance enhancing such as adrenaline.

takes the sport out the competition imo

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

id also like to see the money aspect go, match em to produce.

4. farm curs

farm curs Big Dog

To much for me to type ^^^^yes
    The question is what part dosen't it effect....
    answer none
    weather is is long term or incorrect usage it will have an effect,short term,long term....

5. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

I agree...

6. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I agree with LWG. If u don't know what your doing with roids u can really screw up a good dog.Even if the dog wins you might destroy your own breeding program in the process.Sometimes people look for the easy way to do things ,but thats not always the best.Chemicals take away from the dog and sport.

7. damon

damon Banned

I agree, money shouldn't be allowed in the dog game. This would sort out the real dogmen from the pretenders, it would probably also prevent alot of cheating. It should be for honour and to find the answer, which is the better bulldog.

8. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

steroids for recovery, but i want to know if anyone has or is possible to blood doping? (is the practice of boosting the number of red blood cells (RBCs) in the bloodstream in order to enhance athletic performance. Because they carry oxygen from the lungs to the muscles, more RBCs in the blood can improve an athlete’s aerobic capacity (VO2 max) and endurance.)

9. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

blood doping is for endurance sports so i figured someone else mustve had the idea as well

10. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

or something even more abusurd abortion doping for those gyps

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

steroids aren't going to give you or your dog anything that isn't already there. the drug allows you to speed up the recovery process so you can work just as hard without giving up time to rest. taking steroids without proper work is useless. they dont make you a super athlete if the potential is not there and they dont make you super agressive. as far as adverse side effects, when used safely and properly they are minimal. when you abuse anything the consequences can be extreme

12. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

There is Blood Doping and Gene Doping. Both pretty advance sciences.

But Dudes, I'm saying no Anabolic, Androgenic Roid's peroid. There is no safe way to do it in a canine breeding program. (That's not how the breed was made: we're taking 1 step forward and two steps back with every litter)

Safe responsible in/for Humans sure.

We have a gene pool that exponentially more diverse with less chromosomes than dog's

:especially when your running a bloodline.

[​IMG]

Do the math: more strains with less diversity

Plus steroids cause a high incidence of genetic mutation in sperm.

13. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

This is a little snip a bit of what can happen from a retarded sperm (abnormal morphology)

Genetic abnormalities of gonadal function.

Many things can go wrong with sexual development in both males and females; fortunately rarely. Let's look only at a few that clearly result from the inheritance of single-gene mutations.
    • Inherited mutations in both copies of the gene encoding the GnRH receptor result in failure to develop at puberty.
    • Mutations in the gene encoding the LH receptor prevent normal sexual development in both sexes.
    • Mutations in the gene encoding the FSH receptor block development of the gonads in both males and females.
    • Mutations in any of the genes encoding the enzymes for synthesis and metabolism of testosterone interfere with normal sexual function in males.
    • A similar spectrum of disorders in males can be caused by mutations in the genes encoding the androgen receptor.

Chromosomal damage induced by androgenic anabolic steroids, stanozolol and trenbolone, in human lymphocytes.
    (It's gotta be more dramatic in Canine's)

Chromosomal damage induced by androgenic anabolic steroids, stanozolol and trenbolone, in human lymphocytes. - Free Online Library

14. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

very true steroids just speed up the recovery....

15. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Why would anyone want to base their breeding program on an animal that had to be enhanced to win? The pups off of that dog will need enhancement as well. How does that improve the breed? It doesn't.

It's the same, to me, as show breeders that crop their dogs ears because they are not conformation standard. If I want to breed a show dog, I want to see the ears natural so I know what I'm getting.

Anyone who supplements to win is going to lose in the long run IMO. Do it naturally and you know what you have, no questions about if it was the dog or the drugs....

16. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

dry creek. what do you consider supplements?

what about the keep? how would you know wether the reason one dog won is because its keep was better than the other. because of your choice of feed or workout choices. you'd have to go otc with no work to find out whats natural. you give your dog the best chance possible. anything less is cruel

17. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

Steroids came into play in 1930 in labs and 1950 in public.

Summary of below simple terms:

Steroids are a 17a compound's cause retarded sperm and feminization male offspring and masculinity of female offspring; because of Endocrine disruption.
    A female that's been on steroid's can masculinate the females and Feminize that males.

Scientific ish*
    I have read from CHEMtrust article in my bodybuilding books that,

(It also follows hard on the heels of new American research which shows that baby boys born to women exposed to widespread chemicals in pregnancy are born with smaller penises and feminised genitals.)

Another article

17α-Ethinylestradiol Reduces the Competitive Reproductive Fitness of the Male Guppy (Poecilia reticulata)1

1. Thomas Kristensen,
    2. Erik Baatrup and
    3. Mark Bayley2
    + Author Affiliations

1. Department of Zoophysiology, Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Aarhus, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark

Next Section
    Abstract

Whether endocrine disruption in an individual male is actually translated into reduced reproductive success in a natural competitive environment is extremely difficult to predict. Here, we have used paternity analysis to provide new information on the ability of an endocrine disruptor to deleteriously affect male guppy reproductive fitness by including the effect of intermale competition. Groups of male guppies were exposed to 10.5, 44.4, or 112 ng/L of the synthetic estrogen 17α-ethinylestradiol (EE2) from birth to adulthood. Subsequently, an exposed male competed against an unexposed male for the opportunity to fertilize a receptive female. The successful males siring the majority of the offspring in each brood were then identified using microsatellites in genetic paternity analysis. Only the highest dose of EE2 produced harmful effects with a significantly female-biased sex ratio, significant reductions in male sperm count, testis weight, body coloration and courtship behavior, and a significant increase in body size. These feminizing effects were translated into a highly significant reduction in fertility, where only 1 of the 17 exposed males sired offspring in competition with unexposed males. The evidence suggests that EE2-treated males have reduced reproductive fitness compared with untreated males, possibly the result of EE2 effects on multiple fitness traits. To our knowledge, this is the first study providing evidence of endocrine disruption at the population level that has included the ecologically highly relevant effect of sexual competition on male reproductive fitness.

Previous SectionNext Section
    Abstract

17α-Ethinylestradiol reduces the competitive reproductive fitness of the male guppy

Summary

We need to pick the best dogs not the one's that accept chemicals the best; in order to further the breed. I know people want to win and cheating and shit. But they're dog's/horses whatever we selectively breed them and are fucking up their genetic make up. If you're in it for the bread(money) and cool nostaligia and violence of the sport fine (Dope the fucking dogs; Fuck it dope a rottweiler while your at it.) If your trying to create the best breed to walk the planet then breed right. It's not too late;

18. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

I consider Supp's thing's that work with the system.(In Human's) Horny Goat Weed; Tribulus for Test booster's (they work on cycle's to actually improve the way your body's L/H FSH works{make's your nut's bigger} maybe even creatine. Not shit that replace's your body's response (synthetic hormone's)

If you can't grow it you prob shouldn't give it to a DOG.

If we were able to make the sport legal or Pay per view it from another country: I believe they should be clean dog's(No Roids) or after another 100 years will end up with shit.

19. MCS

MCS CH Dog

I was just going to ask this when you posted above.....What do the setriods long term affects have on a dogs system? life span? I mean will it cause cancer and kill em at 3 or 5 years of age? and there goes your stud dog?.....how about sperm count etc..for that matter.....Just curious, I am going off of the affects of roids in humans like Lyle Alzado and Jiambi and McGwire became consistantly injured once on the juice for a long period....

Guess it mostly answers my question, I get from that it will degrade the health of the dog and reproductive ability.

20. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

And to further answer the question Winstrol (one of the best popular vet steroids) is the worst on joints...

It make's joint bigger so the body responds by making them brittle...