1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Steroids?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by AmericanDogMan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. damon

damon Banned

I agree with this aswell, but you know us humans we like to win at all costs

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

what benefits do you believe people are chasing when introduced in a keep?

before putting a dog through a keep the handler is going to know what the dog is or isn't. steroids are a recovery tool, helpful in getting a dog more workouts with limited rest. they are also beneficial in aftercare.

its not my business how someone wishes to shape their animal. roids or no roids if you don't know what you're doing it probably won't go well. at the end of the day you put your animal in the best possible situation to succeed.

3. popper

popper CH Dog

yes but at what cost? yes they willlhelpyou recover,yes they willmakeyou stronger,faster,leaner, increase protein absorbtion..... butatwhatcost? After seeing what it candotoabody majority ofpeopleusualllythink more is better and that is humannature. like i saidmachobuck was a known user and helived to 7 years old , when the average life span is 11, 12 ,13, even 14 years old.... died on a nightly jog.

4. popper

popper CH Dog

I think the conclusion here is , if you decide to go that route with yourself or with your dog , make sure you do your research for a good long time so you can give the best possible gains while limiting side effects... Know you and you r dogs body..... Make sure you have a good post cycle therapy going to keep all gains made on the cycle. And also KNOW WHEN TO GET OFF THE STUFF>>>> MORE AND LONGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

thats the biggest point. its not human nature but those who abuse will abuse regardless. alcohol can actually be beneficial for the body in regulated amounts however in excess can cause great harm. the cases you hear about are the extremes.

as far as machobuck, well thats all speculation.

6. popper

popper CH Dog

Botton line when you mess with your bodies horomonal chemistry , you are gonna have some effects on the body... exspecially messing with the hard Anabolics , .... they just do to much inside the human body and to the organs.....

7. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

Ok to all but would you allow it in professional animal sports?

Please weigh in?

I would really appreciate everyone's opinion on whether or not it should be allowed in a regulated commissioned animal sport.

8. popper

popper CH Dog

its about whatver the rules are man..... In russia ther is leagues , commisioned animal sport and AS can be used there. I feel if its allowed it allowed . me personally , whatever floats your boat. ther will be dogs defeated that were on AS , as people.

9. damon

damon Banned

No I wouldn't allow it, but how could we stop it. It still happens in the most tested sports of today so we will never be rid of it. Like I said, to some people winning at all costs is all that matters. That's why I think matching for money is the most likely cause for corruption. No money being involved in my eyes would get rid of the players, yet the fanatics would stay in the game. Matching dogs should be about one thing, finding out which is the better bulldog

10. pig mad

pig mad Banned

I have nitrotain for the dogs heard that water retention can make em overheat though so don't use it, it's for horses..For the few months i gave to my better dogs they got very nicely cut but ate a lot of food most days here at the moment are well into the 40 degrees celcius (very hot) so don't want to add anything else to chance cooking the bastards....Was given it to keep a bitch from coming into season but never used it for that either...

11. popper

popper CH Dog

come on man ... dont get a female if you need to give the damn thing anabolic steroids to keep her from going into heat.... And ther is plenty of steroids outhere that do not cause water retention

12. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

I agree wtf man shouldnt even own animals imop if that is acceptable to you!!! Give it for recovery if you know how i guess and if you are ok with loosing your dog young. Not me i dont think but to put off a heat come on!!!!!

13. pig mad

pig mad Banned

read what i wrote again please guys you have obviously not read it properly..
    On the nitrotain site it says that the product doe's not retain water and i never gave it to the bitch a mate gave it to me saying thats what he uses it for i gave it to my 2 main dogs to see if it made em any better but a knowledgeable dogman from aus told me don't chance it with the overheating so it sit's in the fridge...

14. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

You can stop it with pre-contest blood test. One month before two weeks before and two nights before and one after contest.

Pretty simple actually

15. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

americandogman, you want the truth? All these "famous" dogs or legends werent natural, maybe a few were although I doubt it and bringing a natural dog to the fast lane isnt giving your dog the best opportunity, thats a fact. Anabolics benefit, they actually work and thats why theyre used and yes an idiot can kill a dog with drugs.

you spend a lot of time on the subject and you have zero experience with the drugs but have these set in stone opinions which dont make sense.

everyone uses products in hopes of giving the edge: Creatine, Vertex ect but people get all pissy about anabolics because they do their job, they increase strenght and recovery time.

an lmfao at it being cheating in an illegal game, thats so retarded.

its part of the game and its not frowned upon, its the way it is. Think of the task at hand for these dogs, they wont make them game but they sure do do their job

if someoe wins on in the fast lane, they sure will brag about their dog being natural because its hardly ever done and when they say it, I dont believe it

16. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

And even though illegal,there still were rules,and i don't ever recall reading anything that said steroids were against the rules.

17. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

that also, its goes unsaid, nobody asks what they used in each others keeps

its actually a hilarious debate

18. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

I agree....its a personal choice and too me considered a supplement. You need to know what your doing and how to dose it...also if you can afford buy it along with the rest of your feed and supps! Those who know how to use it properly and have success with it, "all the power to them".....for those who don't know, well good luck! In the end there are too many variables to consider when working one and the day of the hunt...the option and use of steriods is only one factor!

YIS

19. damon

damon Banned

Only because most people do it doesn't make it right

20. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Right or wrong the rules made are for the actual hunt and how to declare a winner. There are no rules on what you can or can't do to prepare for a hunt! Remember..."STERIODS DON'T MAKE YOUR DOG ANY GAMER", many people think automatically that if one man is using steriods with his dog that his dog is better...and /or in better condition....this is far from the truth!

YIS