1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Super aggressive pup

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by pit101, Apr 24, 2010.

1. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

I have a male 4 month old pup. He is very very aggressive for his age. In my yard I have pens as well as chain set ups. Him being so young stays in a pen with his sister who he gets along fine with.

As soon as he gets left out of his pen he runs up on the dogs in the other pens and bites the cage trying to get at them. Then today when I opened his pen to take him for a walk he slipped by me and headed for another 8 month pup I have and locked straight onto an ear without hesitation, I could not get the little bastard off, his mouth is too small for the parting stick so I just had choke him off as easy as I could withouht damaging him.

Have anyone here ever owned a pup with this much aggression at this age. I have had dogs before who would start showing aggression at 7 months but bever at 3-4 months.

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

just happens that way sometimes. just be careful, only advice i can give you. THe dangerous part is a dog that young and that hot can easily get himself killed by attacking older dogs.

3. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

Yes that is what worries me. From now on when I take him out every other dog will be locked up. I have a Rottweiler as a guard dog at the back of my property and a terrier. He gets on fine with these two dogs and his sister, he only seems to be aggressive to my other Pit bulls

4. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Good signs, deal with it and control

5. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

I am dealing with it trust me, it just came as a surprise because he is so young

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

if he is in a pen go in the pen and chain him then bring him out. Love to see pups with fire but if he runs up to the wrong dog it will be heartbreak and tears. Got any pics of the lil fella?

7. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

Thats exactly what I do but today the slippery little fella got by me. I will post some pics in a sec of him, just need to get them of my phone

8. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

Here he is first pic is with his sister

Attached Files:

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

real good lookin pups! im jealous

10. Looking good, cute lil pup. I agree go in his pen, shut the door behind you, then chain him and take him out. Wouldn't want a good lil pup to go to waste running into a big old dog.

11. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

good looking pups! keep him safe:D

12. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

a friend of mine has a jeep/nigerino pup about that age and shes the same way, a little fire ball. good lookin pups

13. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

Thanks everyone, trust me I will not be letting anything happen to this little fella.

14. mfern004

mfern004 Big Dog

Tether him on an appropriately sized chain inside the kennel run. Thats the safest way if you've got other dogs out on chain setups in the yard. That way he can't bolt out to your older dogs when you're trying to get into the pen.

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

if yo do that make sure its a short chain. When i was in high school i almost lost a dog who jumped the kennel while chained. Just never thought about it...

16. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

I am sure we all have had our fair share of hot puppies. At least I know I have. The pup in my avatar acts just the way you described, that is why her name is Charles (Charliee) Manson. My suggestion is to keep a close eye on a pup like that before the older dogs rip it a new one.

17. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Ive seen and owned pups that were dead serious as young as 11-12 weeks lol

18. ohav4

ohav4 Big Dog

Beautiful pup.. How's he bred???

19. Tank1

Tank1 Big Dog

My partner just had some fiery at three weeks and now they are going at the mama.

20. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

:eek: a friend of mine has a redboy sorrels pup bout 8 mounths now the first time i saw her she was about 4 1/2 mouths and she was screeming to get out of his arms to get at th then 8 mounth pure sorrells my oyher friend had running around the yard he told him to put him down and she hit that older bigger dog like a shot out a gun when i finally got her off some 15 min latter she was still looking for action now the older she gets the more drive she develops he now keeps her in a seperate yard by her self i agree great signs but be careful at this point he is his own worst enimie