1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

swivels

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by websterz28, May 29, 2010.

1. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

LOL. You're only the second woman I've offered it to ;)
    That's good YB leaves a better % for me. LOL.:dogtongue:

2. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

BTW....... mine is the best bitch to ever look through a collar!!!!:D

3. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

LOL. You only say that because I haven't got mine yet.:cool:

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

i used this for 10 years never had a problem,collar12,swivel,9 at ace hardware.got one collar thats 4 years old still in great cond.

[​IMG]

5. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

notice the rust... looks like it's rusted shut, am I right?

6. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I know a lot of people say not to use them links but I have and never had a problem as long as you get a screw driver and a wrench and tighten that sucker down real tight, then the rust sets in and problem solved.

7. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

I've heard a few people say that... tighten them down past the threads dip em in water and it'll rust shut.

8. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

http://obriensk9supply.com/store/index.php

http://www.bulldogsupplycompany.com/

9. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

never had a problem with them besides having to cut them off sometimes,wrench screw driver, check in two days to make sure its stuck.

10. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Yeah, plus rechecking regularly along with the rest of the hardware. Not gonna lie and say I check everyday, but often. Lap links are safer but harder to change something out.

11. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

i decided to try a few of theese... i like the idea of this swivel because it can be directly hooked to the collar and connected with one coldshut to the chain. thus reducing your amount of connectors, and in theory make a more reliable setup.
    http://www.gametimedogsupplies.com/images/big_s.jpg

and why use those screw thingys when you could easily get a lap link , or even better a coldshut at the same hardware store you got those thing a majiggies from???

12. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Im so behind, ive just had a look at those lap links, excuse me for my stupidity, but how do they work, do you have to squish them (dont laugh..seriuosly haha) :D

13. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I know you said don't laugh but I couldn't help it. Yes is the answer.

14. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

you just put the chain through the gap in the laplink... hit it with a hammer and whoala you have a sturdy chain setup

15. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Oh sweet! Im going to get some. What are your guys views on axels, im picking some up after work today.

16. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

not tring to be a hater just helpful, but i can see two major problems, firt it appear you have the Dring and oring hooked together, the whole point of having the O ring is so it moves freely on the dogs necha and the collar stays in place reducing rub...and although you havent had any issues tose skrew connectors arent as strong tensile strength and could come unscrewed, why use it when there is a readily available substitute that is just as cheap.

17. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Personal preferance I guess. Never had a reason not to so far. With a lap link (which is more reliable) I can't just take it off and reuse it that easy

18. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

just comes to preference.i use a 3inch wide collar,do they fit around them?i prefer useing the collar ring with an extra to hold in one spot.i got some on cold shut but prefer tha the screw,just preference.

19. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

what are our views...lol thats what you use... thats the dogman standard.... the junkyard by my new place wanted twenty an axle i was pissed i used to be able to get em for free... i said fuck it and went to the welding shop theyre going to make me some custom stakes... costs the same and i didnt have to drive the 45 mins and deal with the rude fuck from the junkyard....i offered him 15 for any pre pulled or junk axle and he said 20 bucks i dont hagle and hung up on me, called him back explained they were for dog setup and they didnt have to be perfect or any certain type and told him id buy 10 if he would come down to 10 or even 15, he said 20 buck and hung up on me... thought about driving the 45 min to blast that mugg square in his dick sucking lips but instead i figured id just give the welding shop some bussiness..lol

20. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

their 3 or 3.5 so i think they might just, but im not sure... i just use a high quality 2" instead.... if i had an escape artist which i dont id just add a 1" to the 2" instead of using one 3" and that would still fit for sure.