1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

swivels

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by websterz28, May 29, 2010.

1. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

ive had one ring brake.thus the point here is added protection.i keep the collar tite there friction ether way.dont have any collar rub problems.never have i seen a screw link come off or brake.ive lost dogs to other set ups not this one.

2. Jelet

Jelet Banned

3. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

ya its a pretty permanent setup but thats what you want makes it more solid.... they only like 50 cents or a dollar so you could just cut them bitchs off... i just dont like the idea of having anything that could unscrew....

4. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

you do you man, its a good setup just not something i would personally use.

5. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

yea i got some 2 also but they ones on the wides are they one that i cant afford under any circumstance.got young dogs and nieghbor dogs.used 2 collars didnt like it.had a good collar 2 inch on the dog in the pic broke he killed my mix one female pup and the neighbors lap dog then ate threw a pin and was on my dog i took in cause he wasnt being token care of properly in one day some all grown dogs go on them.

6. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

[​IMG]
    this is basicaly identical to what my setups are

7. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

hows that link held?

8. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

its a cold stut.... its basicaly a rolled piece with an eye, its open when u get em then... you clamp it together in a vice an that shit will never come apart..

9. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

10. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

those are slightly more than a lap link i do beleive... like 1.5-3 bucks prolly

11. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

id try it.

12. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

a setup like this cost
    axle 0-20 dollars
    8-12 ft of grade 43 or better transport chain 10-35 dollars
    swivel ...16 per plus shipping so lets just say... 20 dollars
    cold shut lets just say 3 bucks
    total probaly around 55
    knowing your bulldog aint coming off your chain setup unless you take him off.... PRICELESS

13. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Wow. I'm surprised by the negative comments about service from stillwater. Yall know I don't have any bulldogs, but I've ordered from him 3 times and I've never had any trouble. He's always shipped my items quickly. Last time when I got hardware from him he quoted me a price the next day and set it up on paypal as soon as I let him know I wanted to make the purchase. I've tested the collars, harness and leash on several different dogs from my own to pit bulls to great pyrs to labs and they're good quality products. Havent had a chance to test out the hardware yet.

14. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

lmao!! :D:D

15. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

[​IMG]

these are the ones i use and have never had a problem. And yes that is a leather collar it was only used for a couple days untill i got a seatbelt in from stillwater.

16. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Scoot the bowl a lil closer, LOL. might be the rest of the chain was wrapped around something though.

17. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

i was tryin to get pics of him stretching i think lol

[​IMG]

18. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

That's pretty much the same set up I use. What size chain is that? Looks like 5/16. I use one that size for my bitch and my male has a 3/8. Still giving those other swivels a chance. Had one gettin a little stiff again today. If it keeps up I'll ditch em. All and all I'm not happy with em right now. Like the ones in this pic better.

19. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

1/4 inch grade 80 or 100 cant remember

20. xx24x7xx

xx24x7xx Big Dog

Lol!! Had to laugh a lil. . . this is the 1st time I'd seen swivles an knew everybody used SW collars. . .anyway heres the swivles I decided to go with. . . .

[​IMG]

these are 5/16. . .