1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

swollen lymph nodes

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by websterz28, Dec 4, 2008.

1. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

I recently got a puppy and she is doing very good but her lymph nodes are swollen. i took her to the vet and they gave her an antibiotic shot and some antibiotic pills and took some blood to test. they said they didnt think it was anything serious and that the antibiotic should fix her up...but is it common for puppies to get swollen lymph nodes, and is this usualy a big problem or not so much. she seems perfectly happy and healthy just has two swollen lymph nodes.
    if anybody knows anything about swollen lymph node let me know thanks
    webster

2. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

It's not normal but it sounds like the what the vet did should take care of it. It sounds like some low grade infection somewhere in her body, you may never find exactly what caused it. Maybe her blood work will come back with an answer. Way to go on getter her to the vet;)

3. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

ya shes bred to be a damn fine bulldog and definately worth taking to the vet over any problems. i just figured i could get some more knowledge here as the vet i took her to was an idiot and i will not be returning to her, ill be taking her to a better vet today.

4. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

if that vet took blood work tell them you want a copy so you won't have to pay it somewhere else,,,,yeah like the poster above said it sounds like an infection,,but sometimes a swollen thyroid will get confused with lymph nodes if the vet only felt her neck.

5. opal

opal Pup

Are there any other potential medical symptoms that might come along with the swollen lymph nodes in a case similar to this?

6. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Swollen lymph nodes usually mean infection, but there can be a host of other things wrong. To be honest, you did the right thing by going to the vet.