1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Taping the ears down

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by davidfitness83, Jun 18, 2013.

1. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

Can anyone point me to an article or source that shows how to tape your puppy's ears down so they don't turn into bat ears?

2. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

What's wrong with bat ears?

3. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

yeah, what TDK said. what's wrong with em?

4. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

Bat ears are ugly. Well at least to some people. But I have some with them and wouldn't waste time taping them lol. It doesn't affect the dog. Its a matter of opinion and cosmetics. Don't let anyone tell you that you are wrong for your opinion on cosmetics. Guess this doesn't help though because I don't know how to tape them. Lol. Good luck

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Bout sums it up lol

6. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

7. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

That dog had nice ears before they taped em. Not bat either. I don't see what their goal was here.

8. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

I think bat ears are kind of cool, just for being a bit different.

I had a dog that would shake her head every time she woke up. Sometimes she would shake and her ears would hit whatever she was laying near and she ended up getting "cauliflower ear" (aural hematoma). We had to drain her ears with a syringe and then tape them up into rolls...pain in the butt...

9. yes that's right she had nice ears...and still has nice ears... but if i would not have taped them she would have Labrador ears (don't know the name in english)

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I don't personally think bat ears are "ugly". And I don't believe MOST people who endear these dogs for what they are, have any big whim as to their ears, as long as they're not problematic regarding health. Last I looked at a dog anatomy illustration, their ears weren't connected to their heart.

11. SOULDOG

SOULDOG TEMPLE OF THE DOGS

I don't think they are ugly either.
    [​IMG]

12. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

you hush your face Dream! you know you love twist....

13. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

lol I've been waiting on you LJ. Thought of you as soon as I saw the thread.

14. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

Nothing wrong with bat ears, I just dont like them. I like the full drop hound ear look.

15. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

16. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

I truly do and I loved chaos too but you also know that I have never been a fan of the bat ears. Would I get rid of a dog of crop their ears bc of them? Of course not bc I believe a dogs ears give them personality but I'm not afraid to admit that I think some styles look better than others. People will always have a preference about things that will and will not affect a dogs performance and there isn't anything wrong with that.

17. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

LOL

Twist sayz yall can kiss his bat-earred black a$$!

[​IMG]

18. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

Yeah i know.... Twister just wouldn't be Twister without those ears though.

19. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Lovin' the ears!