1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tattoo?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by chucho, Mar 15, 2011.

1. chucho

chucho Big Dog

I was just wondering if any one has ever tattooed A registration # or any other type of identification on your dog. I had A conversation with A friend that some how had led us to this conversation.

2. LOS ALTOS

LOS ALTOS Pup

Why would you do something like that?

3. Used to be done all the time. There were some people who even did it at the dog shows but I believe it was the health dept that put a stop to it.

[​IMG]

4. Because of scumbag dog thieves. Proof of ownership is why you would do it.

5. chucho

chucho Big Dog

Damn thieves! I guess microchips are the way to go now, huh?

6. MCS

MCS CH Dog

SPCA puts letter S tattoos in one of their ears to ID them if they are ever picked up again/stolen.

7. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

used to tatoo in the ears where I live, but then tattooed the leg. u cant cut off a leg like U cut an ear.

8. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

I've thought about tattooing my dogs. one of mine is already tatted from the previous owner. I still haven't quite decided yet, but I'm leaning that way. There's a lotta thieves where i live :mad:

9. chucho

chucho Big Dog

That might be the best thing to do. Maybe on the hind quarter or inner leg might be A good spot. What ya think El?

10. Elmo

Elmo Big Dog

Rather a tat than that damn microchip.
    i kno the chip is easy n that. but still i hate that thing.

Ne one heard about the us ordering a bunch of microchips from germany to insert into humans? i believe there is already a propaganda campaign going on about that..
    just was qurious if someone here knew about it.

cheers

11. chucho

chucho Big Dog

Have you seen the size of the needle they use for the micrchip? That thing is big.

12. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

Yeah, i'll prolly do the inside of the thigh if i decide to do it. should i do the reg #?

13. chucho

chucho Big Dog

Yeah. I think that would be best. I got A pup comin' and I'm doing it for sure.

14. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

alright. i wonder should i wait till he's done growin first?

15. chucho

chucho Big Dog

Thats might be the best thing to do. Heaven forbid by the time he's done growing it ends up by his toes. LoL.

16. Gudaroc

Gudaroc Pup

I know this thread is kinda old but I was wondering the same thing. My dog is micro chipped but I dont know if there is a way to scramble them with electromagnetic devices so I thought about a tattoo for the ID... Where would you even take your dog to get it done? A tattoo shop?

Micro chips work though. Just read a story about a dog who was found over 2800 miles away from home a year after it went missing. It was micro chipped and the SPCA scanned it and returned the dog. Here is a link.
    http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/07/06/Dog-found-1-year-later-2800-miles-away/UPI-24581310002380/

17. hardluck

hardluck Banned

your dog better be worth some good money for a theif to try to descramble a implanted chip. i just dont think that would happen man. your thinking way too hard. thieves are only smart when breaking into a museum or something like that lol. a dog theive just waits for you to leave and hops the fence and thats it. not to much thinking to do that.

18. hardluck

hardluck Banned

i just looked at that article you had http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/07/...4581310002380/ this wouldnt happed to a APBT. the cops would look at this as an escaped fugitive and shoot on site and if that didnt happen it would be killed at the pound... you might as well act like you didnt even read that article. with the dogs we own.....

19. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

If i was worried about thieves, i would go the chip route, its faster, less painfull for the dog, and its just as good or better than a tatoo.

20. hardluck

hardluck Banned

yep best way to be found guilty if your dog ever gets to someone or something.... i use the chip on mine, but just becasue of that i definantlly make sure that the dog cant go anywhere he aint suppose to... tattoos i guess are good if you want to know if the dog is yours and still have a slight privacy to yourself and your business...