1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Temperament Test

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by TxDogger, Jun 14, 2005.

1. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

[font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman]American Temperament Test Society Results, December 2002
    (Pit Bulls and AmStaffs scored higher than many breeds. Here are
    just a few. Good for showing to nervous neighbors.)
    [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman]American Pit Bull Terrier: 83.2%
    [/font][font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman]American Staffordshire Terrier: 82.6%
    [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman]Bearded Collie: 53.5%
    Border Collie: 78.8%
    Beagle: 77.8%
    Cocker Spaniel: 81.5%
    Great Dane: 76.9%
    Golden Retriever: 82.5%
    Old English Sheepdog: 77.8%
    [/font][font=Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman]Rhodesian Ridgeback: 73.8%
    Samoyed: 77.8%
    [/font]

2. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

if they will listen i was told well it was done by people who have "pits" and facts can be bent to suit whoever but if they listen

3. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

I can truely say that I would trust a pitbull more than most other dog breeds. They are very well balanced mentally and physically and are extremely loyal. People that don't know otherwise just have never met a true pitbull and should never even have an oipinion until they do so. What it comes down to is that alot of people are too stubborn or narrow minded to take the time to listen to the facts on an issue and base their opinion on what others around them say and nothing more. These kind of people are ignorant and are too afraid to think for themselves or to know the truth.

4. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Every vet that I have talked to has said the same thing. They all say that they would rather deal with a pit bull than any other or most other breeds. They say they never have problems with them.

5. I seen some results where they test more of one breed then the other for (ex. they may test 300 pits and 10 labs the lab has more chance of passing.)

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Exactly.....ask most vets what they would like to work on, most will say bulldogs as they are generally very outgoing and people loving, and they dont have a problem getting shots and the like because of their pain threshold.

7. 7645

7645 Pup

Exactly right. When I first read the results of this test, it seemed that they had tested more bulldogs than any other breed (like 600 or 700 APBTs, if memory serves). By contrast, only one or two samples of the more rare breeds were tested, and some of these got a 100% pass rating, which leads me to question the methodology of the test as a whole. Not saying that bulldogs don't have one of the best temperments by breed, because clearly they do, just wondering about the breeds that surpassed them in this study.

8. D.R KING

D.R KING GET OFF MY LINE...

Amen, own another dog breed? esa loco?! lmao!

9. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

cool...i posted this along time ago o well as long as it gets across lol

10. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

lol sorry mntman2003 didn't realize but yea as long as it gets across

11. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

Most people just say that the results are fixed so the pits look better than the other dogs. I have already gotten into this argument with half my family.