1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

tennis balls

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kimbel2392, May 21, 2004.

1. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

Just saying! I know alot of you may already know but TENNIS BALLS defintely strengthen the jaws and make a CHEAP chew toy, lasting for hours, if not days. They work best with fully grown dogs, as they try to chew it open the pressure puts a great amount of resistance on the jaws. Try it out, they can't swallow a tennis ball and are $1.96 @ wal-mart for a pack of three

2. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

i agree......great jaw exercise & cheap too!

3. BDK

BDK oo7

its your choice but my opinion is that tennis balls arent to good for pits because i have seen more than one case where they chew the ball all the way up and ate parts of it which in turn is possible for the dog to have an obstruction in their intestines just be cautious

4. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

Always remember that it is your resposibility to make sure something like that doesn't happen when dealing with chew toys. I have used tennis balls for years and have had no accidents.

5. J.W

J.W Pup

i THINK THAT TENNIS BALLS ARE A GREAT TOY FOR EVERY ONE'S PITBULL, THEY ARE AWESOME AT INCREASING JAW STRENGTH

6. BigTex

BigTex Pup

i like to take a tennis ball and chunk it through their chain area letting them chase it and sometimes catch it....i got a couple dogs though that rip big holes in them and tear them up.....so for a chew toy i think theres better things out there...i would rather try a kong ball or something(i havent tried one yet)....but for just playing with them a tennis ball is good

7. GYD

GYD Pup

Tennis balls are great. We get them for free by us, heck at the tennis courts sometimes they hit the ball once and never retrieve it. LOL Have one bitch who doesn't even look twice at a ball, but have had many who go crazy over them. Have had only one bitch who I couldn't give them too. She would tear the outside off and ripe the tennis ball apart. But, I think like anything..if you keep an eye out it can keep them amuzed for a while!

8. sweetpea

sweetpea Pup

Have you heard anything on them being bad for their teeth or noticed any problems in that area? We had a lot of fun with them. I let my dog chew them until I heard the dirt that gets caught in it will wear their teeth down like sandpaper as they chew. His teeth are not in good shape but he's almost 10 and has protected us well against all property invaders. If this is not true, I know he would like to have one.

9. puregame

puregame Big Dog

I have that problem with all my dogs. They will play with them for about 5-10 minutes then... POP! They all started popping and eating them so I won't give them tennis balls now. I do give them the Kong toys though, those last a few week before I have to replace them, LOL.

10. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

The black Kongs are the best. Stronger.