1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The #1 Pit Bull History Resource on the Net!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Rockstar, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Okay all, do yourselves a favor and check out www.pitarchive.org, the first and only online pit bull museum, featuring a massive collection of historical images, articles, stories, videos, interviews -anything and everything dealing with the history of the "pit bull." It would take days to experience everything the site currently has to offer, and new content is submitted daily. There is much more historical material than you will see in a book, or anywhere else on the internet.
    It's taken a ridiculous amount of time and money to put this non-profit project together, so I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do:D. The site is still in its infancy, but look for it to become a monster resource in the international pit bull community.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2007
  2. verry good site I enjoyed the history Thanks Rep points to you

3. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Wow nice. Good job.

4. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

greaat site!

5. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

Wonderful site!!! ok to crosspost?

6. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Of course:)

7. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

Thank you!

8. simms

simms CH Dog

Thanks for the link,nice site!

9. surfercalavera

surfercalavera Big Dog

nice site!!!!

10. Suki

Suki Guest

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rockstar again.

:(

cool site! TX!
    another one to add to my list of favorites :)
    <!-- / main error message -->

11. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rockstar again.

....I tried!

LOVE the site! Thanks!

12. rpk

rpk Big Dog

Good site but i don't like the idea of having to pay for this type of information when I can get it for free elsewhere. Visit www.yourdogshistory.com and www.riospitbull.com for an abundance of free gamedog history regarding our favorite dogs!

13. Bailey

Bailey Pup

WTF? Why do we have to pay to read more? A good site but that not that great.

14. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

To that, I challenge you to show me the other websites that contain the same information from Pitarchive's FRONT PAGE ALONE!

Happy hunting;)

15. idgie

idgie Big Dog

lol, you definitely don't have to pay to read more. There is a ton of free bulldog info on the net. But there is a whole lot of material on Pit Archive that isn't available for free - articles out of old books and magazines, and pics that haven't been published much less been circulated online. We know because we've paid for a lot of it, and been given other stuff by old timers. If you haven't subscribed, you really could have no idea of the scope of the content, but it is still new and more collections are being donated all the time. But no-one's twisting your arm!

The idea was to put together a resource for pit bull fanciers that is indexed and accessible - not a random story here and picture there. Plus, we are trying to do something good for the bulldog world - even besides recovering some sort of centralized and coherent history. Since it's a nonprofit, all the monies go back into the museum for its support and growth, and then for other bulldog-related causes such as anti-BSL. Nobody wants to donate to groups like the EBA any more, but there has to be a way to pool resources to effect change. This is one possibility where subscribers will actually get something back for their donations.

We're used to bulldog people who talk a lot about change but never reach into their pockets. But please don't bag on the site for trying to accomplish what no-one else has.

ChiaPit likes this.
  16. Marty

Marty Guest

I don't see the same info on there sorry :(

You ever heard the old saying "you get what you pay for" if you want history its by far the best.
    If you can't show your support here
    where can ya? it all goes back into fighting for the dogs!

17. Bailey

Bailey Pup

I wasn't bashing the site. I said it was a good one, but I'm willing to do anything to support the fight against BSL for damn sure so with that I'll shut my mouth and make a donation ASAP!

EDIT: it says for full text and image you must a premium member. Which leads me to believe I gotta payup to finish the read, but I dont see where I can sudscribe as a premium member.

18. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Sorry to be so thick, but is $10 the subscription price? If so, thats a steal to say the least.

19. Dont own a credit/debit card.So paypals not an option, otherwise id be on it.All i want to know is who quit first in the fight between the dwarf and the APT.lol...

20. This is a gret site, we joined and are going premium......$10.00 to donate and $30.00 to become premium, for what they have to offer.....IS WORTH IT!