1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Great Debate Continues: Did Bullyson Quit?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Laced Wit Game, Aug 25, 2010.

1. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Quiting on top regardless of what the circumstances are is not a game loss, nor will it ever be considered one....The people that are saying that he did not cur out or did not show to be a cur have no understanding of what a game dog actually is, nor do they grasp the concept of a cur. Yeah there was rub involved....yeah he was up against one hell of a bulldog that was in his prime, and yes he was smaller, and in not top health...will all that being said, I would have still backed up any bitch I have or will have up to him. He created a dynasty of what I consider to be the finest blood the eli family has to offer. It isn't like anything anyone says on this subject makes a bit of difference though as he has been dead for a long time now. If it would have been me I would have got him in good health, shaped him up, and taken him out yet again. Bottom line though he did quit...not lose game so yes he did cur out.

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

i think its all been said. he quit, he was curred out. did he have one hell of a deck stacked against him? yes

dont know what actually happened that day but he was one hell of a bulldog.

no they are not machines, they can all be stopped.

promoe and Dusty Road like this.
  3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

im waitin for someone to show up in here and drop theyre .02, should be interesting.

4. fblb

fblb Top Dog

You gonna be waiting for a minute this evening...the one you seek is having a night out.

5. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

An old saying don't be surprise when they quit.Be surprise when they don't. BS stood the line.For what ever reason , everything was stacked against him ,sick,injured,bad match making,what ever the reason he did stand the line.Overtime he was a very good producer without a doubt. But the question was did he quit and the answer is yes.

6. Boze

Boze Top Dog

some say bullyson was in shock. now i do not know about you guys, but you got to take into factor blood loss i think people seem to forget this very thing when looking at a dog who stands. when you loose lot of blood your vision starts to blur and you can barely walk you might be able to stand but walking is out of the question. this was in an article in a russian magizine and it talks about how dogs can get a broke leg and scratch and people talk about how game they are and then a dog gets three bleeders and does not scratch and they call them a cur. well i would take broken bones over extreme blood loss any day. to me there is no comparison. yo can barely function when you loose lots of blood. also not only was bullyson old but he was usually fought i believe at 49 then this time at 53. benny bob was a natural 53 bullyson was not and when going up against a dog as good as benny bob and going that hugh in weight well what in the hell do you think is going to happen. if all the things that bobby hall and floyd and jerry said abot bully were true then i would not consider him a cur. also when a dog is that old you can not condition them the same way you can conditin a dog in his prime because there boodies just can not take it. so now lets add up alkl the factors. he was old benny was in his prime. he was fought a much to high of a weight, his blood count was fucked up his tetth and gums were messed up. and he could not be conditioned properly all these things add up and the outcome is obvious atleast to me.

Apollo Creed and Tlahuicole_73 like this.
  7. Boze

Boze Top Dog

you can not just say a dog quit each situation has to be assesed differently if you stack the odds against your dog and he quits that is your fault is he a cur by definition yesbut he was also a lot gamer than haf the champions out there today. there were many dogs that were never put on bottom or never stretched out that made champion and people rush to breed every bleeding pussy they have to that dog. you see some of these so calle great dogs and there times do not add up to an hour and a half in the pit, and then you wanna take a dog that has went through a few hard matches and quits his fourth time out a cur well i can not do that. everyone is s quick to say the word cur but jump on the killers balls, and not care about his gameness, but when a dog they have has been put to the limit and has proved his gameness on mre than on ocasion and you finally push him over the edge he is a cur lol

Apollo Creed and Tlahuicole_73 like this.
  8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

good post, along with those stacked against him he was doped!?!?

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

lol you already know, he'll be here!

10. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

A quit is a quit. Bennett Clayton said " I've seen dogs in worse shape scratch". This was from an old interview I read. That said he was competing on a level most dogs of that era couldn't. I am still trying to see the point of debating long dead dogs especially when even Floyd said Eli jr. was better.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

shit this is a better thread than 75% of the others on here

12. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Maybe not a rank cur but he did cur out. Not exactly the same as pissin himself and jumping the wall but he still quit.

13. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

I think alsong as the public know the story behind his cur then thats algood.
    Still a 2xw says a little something in my eyes.

14. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Cur or no cur, Floyd must have seen something real special in him, as floyd was the ref, and after that match he used bully blood a fair bit .

15. Trelos

Trelos Big Dog

He must have been worth something otherwise we wouldnt be seeing so much of that blood strain today.
    IMO Whether Game or not his name will always be legendery

Apollo Creed likes this.
  16. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Bullyson was one of those good kind of quitting dogs. Yes he quit but I wished I new what I new now, Since he was one of the best producing dogs of all times. I would have tried to buy him from Maurice for a stud dog. Yet it would have been hard to do that after watching him quit cold. I read an article written by One man that Bullyson kept his eyes on Benny Bob and quit in good fashion. That is Bullshit he turned his head to the side and wouldn't look at Benny Bob. Bullyson quit and at one point even tried to jump the pit. Some people setting at pit side kept him from going over the wall. After he quit Bullyson was put up close to Benny Bob by Floyd Boudreaux to try to get him to scratch and he just stood there at that point he did look straight ahead at Benny Bob for a second. No use in trying to clean up what happened. He was a rank cur dog. Maurice knew that and put him down by shooting him in the head later on. He fought way to fast to be conditioned for a distance fight. This was his down fall. You can't make a cross country horse out of a quarter horse. It is as simple as that. Yet when he was crossed with Carver stuff the offsprings were outstanding. Some kid told me his dad was there and Bullyson went down game. I was there and many of my oldtime dogmen friends were there and they can tell you the truth. (Or if you like, just live a lie). I put him in the same category as Mayfields Nigger a sorry fighting dog but a good producer. I try to tell the truth on all my writings and can tell you there were at least 100 people that are still alive that were at that fight including Boudreaux that will tell you he quit. Some of the excuses may be truthful the, if ,ands and buts. Danny Burton said if Bobby Hall would have had him he would have stayed and won and not quit. Some one said his bloodcount was low. Someone said he was bred to a bitch during the keep. Earl Tudor said after seeing the photo of Bullyson dropping his holt when fighting at Burt Clouse and looking straight up and gasping for air. Earl Tudor Stated you will see this dog quit someday and I did. I wish I had the film of that. I'm sure people have the photos. I hate myself for not bringing a camera. I do have a picture somewhere of the old Eli dog Bullyson's sire looking straight up in the air during a fight gasping for air also. I'm not trying to make up a story to discredit this bloodline. This bloodline made a great contribution to the fighting dog game. Bullyson's offsprings could bite and fight and some were great.

Written by R.F.
    [/FONT]

17. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Awesome post SS! all i can say is WOW.

18. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

That was a good post ^^^^

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i dont think thats right ss, i dont remember hearing that maurice shot bullyson in the head.

20. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

I heard he shot someone else after this affair lol,but never bully