1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Pit Bull Bible

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by coco0889, Feb 22, 2009.

1. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

I'm thinking about ordering the book. What are your opinions on this book? Is it any good?

2. Hardhead

Hardhead Big Dog

Ditto...How good is this book?

3. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

just got mine last week. i think its a very well put together book that i would recommend to own! not too many pics but its 400+ pages of good info.

4. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

Anyone else?

5. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

I was thinking about ordering it tonight actually, so far I haven't heard any negative about it:cool:

6. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Excellent book! :)

7. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

On a recent road trip I read thru a copy that a friend had, and I would highly recomend this book to everyone that has dogs..Regardless of ones thoughts on the author, he does know his sh*t in regards to the health and proper maitnence of the APBT..

8. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

Welp, i'm sold :D

9. KADO

KADO Pup

What about "The Hollingsworth Dogs", any suggestions on this one?

10. highs149

highs149 Pup

i'm def gonna be looking into getting a book soon. good info yall

11. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i haven't read this book, and i doubt i ever will. this is because i was recently privy to a debate between the author and another well known dogman. in this debate the author contended that there is a cure for babesia. i've personally talked to 3 well known dogmen/dogwomen, and every vet in my area, and msu. they all say the same thing while you can repress the symptoms, there is no cure. there's a guy on the east coast who has a grant for the specific purpose of studying this disease. he says there's no cure. if these are the kind of facts that are in this book, then no thank you. i like to stick to learning first hand anyway. though ed faron's book was an excellent read. imo.

12. The Hollingsworth book is a good reference BUT has several MAJOR errors in facts. That is undertandable since the author wrote the book on 2/3 hearsay and 1/3 first hand knowledge. Also, the print font is huge making the book more pages than it would normally be.

The most important part of Jack's Hollingsworth book can be surmized in one sentence. Double up on game dogs that come from an all game litter. Now, if you want to send me your money, PM for an address....lol just kidding :D

On the Pit Bull Bible, if I am not mistaken, it is no longer in circulation or for sale. If memory serves me right, he discontinued this book and replaced it with a "for the general public" version with several essential parts taken out.

Jack like many folks in the dogs has an ego and beliefs the top of his hill is higher than that of most (or all) other dogman hills........Well, if you are to call him a dogman. Anyway, Jack has compiled a large amount of information related to the APBT breed. I certainly agree that many can find useful information from Jack's books or other printed material such as the "The Healthy Bulldog" no longer in circulation but sold in CD form. You can buy it or do the research on your own. The info is everywhere online.....buying from Jack saves you time.

Most old-timers and active dogman do not like Jack nor consider him a dogman.

This is as HONEST and JUST assessment I can make on Jack's written material.

13. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I had the pleasure of reading this book (The Pitbull Bible) on my 7 day vacation and thought it to be an outstanding book (regardless of what people think of C.J.) A very well writen book with alot of good information that proves it's self priceless in modern day censored America. Although I do not agree with some of Jacks way of thinking, he is without a doubt a gifted writer ( if you don't believe me then go to peds online, look up Smilewiper, and talk crap to him ) now unless your a vocab wiz or someone more prominent in these dogs than he has been in years past, he will make you look like a retard with his words. Anyways the book was a worthy price to pay for the information it offers.
    Oh yeah, Rocky, when I talked to him the other day he said there was an overwelming demand for the book still so he has put more into production and they can be ordered on peds-online and you are very right sir, that not many dogman like him, but he has put usefull time into the ABPT and whether he is liked or not, he should still be concidered a dogman in every sense of the word.......

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
  14. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

Great post^^^^^^^^

15. diva

diva CH Dog

I am reading the book now. Some of his views/opinions I do not agree with and you can definately tell the book was not written by a professional writer. However, the book does have some good information.

16. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

What's your opinion on the second half of the book?

17. boot

boot Pup

those books are a must have. The money saving tips will easily cover the cost of the book!

18. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

Second question. What is the best place to buy it from? And what are some other good reads?

19. BKNLS

BKNLS Guest

I have read this book from front to back and the amount of knowledge you can gain no matter how long you have been in the dogs is priceless. This book is like a car repair (maintenance) manual but for bulldogs. And regardless of how you feel about CA Jack you cannot get information this well put together anywhere!!

The Hollingsworth book is also a good one. It tells of the breeding program Mr Hollingswoth put together and why his dogs are so genetically sucessful. It is a great book on genetics and how one could build there breeding program but I have not finished this one yet.

20. HBK

HBK Big Dog

I highy recommend The Pit Bull Bible. You wont find another book like it and who knows before long it may become illegal to by, sell or even own boks like it. Get it now!