1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

the search for the truth

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by magnoilaotis, Mar 25, 2010.

1. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

the following is just part of much bigger article if someone has a scanner or more time i hope they would post the article before and after this one from the PBR winter 2002 issue. this is just a quick paraphrase.
    As we have written many times, the pedigree of a lot of our old bulldogs are not as accurate as most of us would like them to be. here we present a good example I just happened to notice a few years ago while thumbing through my old pit dog report published by ray and sharon holt back in the 70's.
    As many of our readers know there is a well known dog, ch chinaman 4xw, that is in many of ou present day dog's pedigree. His sire wood's trouble off eli jr and clayton's sugar and his dam abernathy's molly, a daghter of snooty and and bloody sunday. most people accept the that bloody sunday is sired by bullyson out of one eye. this would make chinaman a linebred eli dog. An article from the 1977 pit dog report by cheryl zander states that bloody sunday is really out of carver's pistol and rorex's black lady. this would make her a littermate to clayton's java(grch art's dam) and clayton's sugar(wood's trouble's dam). if this is true then chinaman is not line bred on eli, but rather linebred on the sisters clayton's sugar and bloody sunday.
    this is just part of a much larger article that i hope someone will post. it was very informativr to say the least.

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

make sense, i think the eli blood is really the best of other lines in disguise lol
    still, good dogs tho

3. This will probably bring up a lot of controversy but I believe that Elias' Pistol was a littermate to Eli. This all goes back to the question of Eli's true breeding being a cross of the Tudor family through Little Cotton and the Tudor/Corvino bitch Cry Baby who was a 4xw and a full sister to the Gr Ch Whiterock dog that was known to be one of the hardest mouths seen at that time. These dogs were all pretty heavy of the Henry family blood which was what most were aiming towards back then.
    If you consider the family traits of these dogs in question then the traits these modern day families posses become somewhat logical. In my opinion those dogs such as Eli, Pistol and the other littermates that Kemmer got are bred much better than they show on paper.
    Also if you research it you will find that Black Widow, one of the most important bitches in the history of the breed is said to be heavy in the OFRN blood but looking closely you will find that she is just as heavy in the old Henry dogs as well and I believe that to be the reason she was so sought after. Ed Ritcheson and Howard Heinzl were very much after that blood as well as Ed Crenshaw and more recently our friend here Limey Kennels could give you a good idea about all this lol.

4. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Pistol a littermate to Eli. Now this is a new one to me as is the littermates Kemmer had. I wish someone would take the time to give details on this. I am intrigued.