1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The ShroomErie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AGK, Apr 9, 2022.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Harvest of my first AMPV flush.
    Checked another strain off my list.

20240206_162124.jpg

20240206_161957.jpg

20240206_163039.jpg

Screenshot_20240206_164913_Gallery.jpg

CodyScott and chili like this.
  2. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Hey how ling do u think a spore syringe is good for before it shouldn't be used to knock anything up

3. AGK

It's debatable. Sporeworks says 4 to 6 months if stored properly however I just started my APES back up this past December. The syringe was in my refrigerators crisper drawer for over a year. Took it to agar and it grew healthy mycelium. I'm about to send it to substrate soon in a week or 2.

20240214_132043.jpg

20240214_131938.jpg

Spore prints and Spore swabs, I'd say indefinitely. MSS from my understanding, is 4 months to at least a year, maybe longer if stored properly.

4. AGK

I asked that question on Dave Wombats page. The concensus seems to be that it can last many years. At room temp or the fridge.

5. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Ok cool cause I was reading different answers and didn't know which one was correct in that regards also do u feel Agar is faster then rye berry bags from using spore or is is pretty much the same at that point I know culture syringes is a whole different ball game in growth time

AGK likes this.
  6. AGK

The more I looked into it, I found the same thing. Being that they are spores they'd probably last your lifetime. All you can really do is throw a drop on Agar and see if it germinates.

Liquid culture and Agar are your fastest ways. Spores have to pair up then germinate where as L.C or Agar is live mycelium which is the result of 2 spores germinating. I have a ton of L.C but I never use it because you'd have to regularly check it on Agar anyway to make sure it's clean so essentially it's an extra step and I don't like extra steps. I like to Keep it simple.

For the record, I personally would never innoculate with spores. The likelihood of it contaminating is astronomical. You'll fail way more time than you'll succeed that way.
    Spores are inherently dirty. Fruiting isn't a sterile process and contaminates are floating everywhere in the air. That's why you ALWAYS go spore to Agar.

My process is spore - Agar- transfer until I 100% sure it's clean, that could be T-1 or that could be T-8. Just depends on how dirty the sample is. Usually by T-3 I'm good and sending it to grain to colonize. Once fully colonized I do a shake to break it all up and give it a few days. It should rebound fast. If it don't, it's contaminated and I don’t even waste my time trying to fruit it. I'll just throw it away and start over. It's so rare though that I ever get contamination before my 3rd flushes. 1 in every 30 of my agar dishes and 1 in every 50, or so, grain jars contaminate. ( I don't use bags unless I'm growing gourmets). Anyways I put grain to substrate and I immediately induce fruiting conditions.. About all I do.

7. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

u make the agar or buy it

8. AGK

I pour my own, it's simple to do and way cheaper to do than to buy someone elses.. Agar work is my favorite part of this whole process.

9. AGK

You ever decide to start making your own here some great recipes for you.

20240214_214152.jpg

10. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Ima look into this out of the few types is there one more contaminant resistant or pretty much the same across the board

AGK likes this.
  11. AGK

Nothing is truely contaminate resistant with agar because it's a food source and everything wants it. Contaminates will almost always out perform your mycelium most every time. Your sterile technique is what's vital more so than which recipe you use. The low nutrient/water agar doesn't have any nutrients in it so that I suppose would be the most resistant to contam. Its specific use is for wild samples because they are highly contaminated and for hard to clean up, stubborn samples. Without nutrition, mycelium will reach out faster than contams can so you get a clean sample to put on a nutritional recipe.

12. AGK

Neglect TEK with a 2:1 ratio.

20240227_063203.jpg

13. AGK

Branching out to the candy world.

20240303_103222.jpg

20240303_113321.jpg

20240303_104702.jpg

I ate 1 piece of a bar today and was lit. You'd never even know it was in the chocolate until you felt it a half hour later. Used 70 grams of Chocolate per bar mixed with 3.5 grams of either Chocolate Kringle ( Psilocybe Cubensis) or Psilocybe Natalensis. Each bar of the shimmer bars is a .7g dose of Psilocybe. .42g per square for the mushroom imprint bars. I'm about to get real creative with it. I got different molds coming and I picked up a double boiler that works real good for what I'm doing. Got a lot of combos I want to create. Master this and I'll move onto gummies.

Pullingcovers likes this.
  14. AGK

I was busy in the kitchen tonight. Each bar has 1.5 grams of powdered Psilocybe Natalensis in them except the top 3 larger bars, they have 3.5 grams. Made Mint Fudge and Milk Chocolate bars, peanut butter and dark chocolate bars and Milk Chocolate and Caramel bars.

20240305_215939.jpg

20240305_220041.jpg

15. AGK

Got the heat seal wrappers in today. Like them alot. I need a better logo though and better label ideas. I'm not very creative.

20240306_214032.jpg

Pullingcovers and Ssdd like this.
  16. AGK

Aweeee would you just look at this lil retard. Bless its heart. Derr. ..

20240306_193045.jpg

17. AGK

Mint Fudge Milk Chocolate girl scout thin mint candy bar. I totally out did myself with these.

20240307_210452.jpg

18. AGK

19. AGK

1 gram APBT packs a punch.

20240309_132125.jpg

20240309_132402.jpg

20240309_133035.jpg

20240309_135800.jpg

20. AGK

1 gram chocolate krinkle chocolate peanut butter roses.

20240313_181713.jpg