1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

... The STAFF CATALYST part 2...

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by ELIAS'PISTOLA, Feb 27, 2016.

1. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

...the STAFF cataylst... - Page 5

Part one got seized right when we were getting somewhere,,,
    I agree with AGK that is obvious that our bulldogs would help staffs gene pools more than they would help us but also think there might be more to it as sometimes
    the right catalyst can really prepel some lines and with alot of these staffs,,,
    they have a similar genetic make up as our pitbull dogs dna wise,,,
    but do to years of other objectives that dont inlude much work,,,
    the traits might have been lost,,,
    but does the genetic makeup thats so similar not make for a good catalyst...

I would say no,,, but really dont know,,,
    the reason I started these threads were for a couple reasons,,,
    one being a friend that got a good female from me and against my better wishes bred it to his old staff that leaned towards a bully to boot,,,
    well there was a pup in the litter that stood out as the nicest most well rounded athletic puppy Ive ever seen,,, perfect puppy confirmation and confidence,,,
    as a very young pup,,, she does stuff that simply amazes me and seems to move with the precision of a panther and even in her awkward growing stages,,, she has stayed very nimble on her feet and can scale walls like a ninja!!!
    If I didnt know her father I would take her in a heartbeat and probably even pay a nice sum for her,,,
    Im out to prove my buddy wrong and he is out to prove me different,,,
    time will tell,,, but even if she was worthy of the STAFF CATALYST,,,
    I would still go with out because this pups genes have reverted back to my blood and
    the next generation might spew the sires family,,, pewww...

Good luck mr gonzales in your ventures but leave my name out...

some STAFF CATALYST worth metioning,,, and please share your findings,,,thanks...

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [310745] :: 3G'S ARIEL

...the STAFF cataylst... - Page 5

...big game dogs...

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

3. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

barr caymens multi winner that my buddy dirty(rip) said was the best staff he ever seen,,,
    they say he on two for ed barrera (rip),,,
    two for another man and two for dirty,,,
    but whos counting...

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [73765] :: BARRERA's APACHE
    his sire produced some serious bulldogs,,, but spooty was the real catalyst,,,IMO...

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [2178] :: BAILEY'S SPOOTY
    when bred to ch ghost,,, her daughter ginger was a real producer...

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [172710] :: <B><FONT COLOR=NAVY><FONT FACE=TIMES NEW ROMAN SIZE=4>GEEHAD KENNELS' LITTLE LUCY
    no staff here just old memories my buddy shared about this line of rufus redboy dogs...

4. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

5. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I don't know if I'm reading this right but bred A Staff into working dogs? I have matched two staffs early 70's, one probably was half staff (The Dog That Was Trained To Scratch Thread) he never made A bad move and beat A dog A guy paid $2500 from A well known competitor! The other time Country Rules, no handles "the first one to quit" If you look far enough back in A Staffs ped. they all come from working dogs! But Game is A recessive gene. On the other hand I have personaly seen some pretty good dogs that totally looked like they had some hound in them, wether they did or not know one I knew could say for sure! Late 60's a lot of line bred families were being crossed and producing better and better dogs. If you didn't know the family you would swear they were not pure! I'lll never forget A dog I saw in Oregon go decades ago, he totally looked like A German Short hair!!!! Deep game and his name was Birddog!!! So who really knows???? A lot of the imports as they came west could have been crossed into like A Plot Hound, WAYYYY back interesting thought! After breeding litters HEALTH & GAME being my top priority just keeping those two traits in high percentages is tough enough!! EP in your Ped.'s you ever see A dog mid 70's listed as Birddog??

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I have always thought that " thier ain't no tellin what's in some of these families" the old timers sure did use the staff blood and some were no more than pets..Honestly I have saw it used and the good ones I have saw could reallly bite hard, short winded though but not as bad as some..And then saw the no talent game plugs from the same cross.I don't imagine they all like what I have saw.None the less its a cross I wouldn't take lightly, especially if thier was one in the other corner.