1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Way It Goes

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CHUVALOFAN, Dec 5, 2015.

1. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Well here it is getting late into a cold Friday evening, I've put a good dent in a bottle of Jim Beam and as I'm writing this ol' Waylon is singing 'Never Could Toe The Mark' from my playlist and my wood stove is staring to simmer out.

I got to thinking about a breeding from the past I past over in poor judgment at the time in favor of another that just didn't work out. Of course life being the sometimes mocking thing it is let me have the pleasure of seeing this dog go on to be a Champion and as it is turning out a very good producer.

I had the pup payed for and a last minute whim made a call and made a switch. As it turns out it was no problem as there was another man who wanted the pup. So the switch was made at a little more cost to me as I opted for a yearling over the pup.

Now the dog I got was not a bad dog, just wasn't what I was use to in a bulldog. Now he was built like a brick shit house, I swear his coat was so thick it felt 3 ply and had mouth like a bear trap...he was also dumb as a stump, straight ahead with no ability and no air. Not so much a barn burner in the [ ] as he was a flash flood. To add insult to injury he later got his jewels removed by a nasty female of mine when I made the mistake of letting a young ''kennel hand'' walk him and he got away from him quicker then I could react.

So my dog was saved and given to an old man I knew who lived out by my family's hunting cabin as a pet where he is still to this day and is a fat, spoiled, happy pet bull and the two are the best of pals.

As for the other...well wouldn't you know he has found himself back on the yard he was born and living the good life of a prized stud dog with already one ch under him and a number of winners.

You win some and you lose some I suppose. So as I poor one last Jim Beam and sing along now to Mr. David Alan Coe's I'll wrap this up.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a story like this so if you feel like sharing then the floor is yours......................................................................

2. Red Cemtre

Red Cemtre Big Dog

I owned a chocolate and white bitch a couple years back. Pedigree unknown but the breeder was a friend and I knew the parents were accomplished hog dogs so I bought her as an 8 week old pup off him. Time went by and she grew into a nice pup, very affectionate and friendly with everyone and not fussed with other dogs at all. She'd jump into anyone's truck if they opened the door which made me a little worried she'd end up stolen. Anyway I ended up moving for work and had a yard full of dogs which made life stressful. Once I'd moved she turned around 10 months and was starting to switch on, terrifying the local rabbit and stray cat population. Unfortunately I was struggling with work commitments to give her the time she needed to get hunting with all the other dogs I had so I made the decision to send her up to a friend of mine in Queensland who had a yard full of bulldogs to run her with. Anyway I was talking with him a couple days ago and what do you know, she's the best dog on his yard and he's lined up his best male to go over her on her next heat. Has insane drive, holding huge boars with no fear and regularly travelling over 1.5km to find a hog. Still kicking myself but I'm just glad she's getting the time she deserves. Needless to say I'll be getting a pup off her in the future if she throws pups anything like herself

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I got one simlar , I made a breeding and tuned out 8 pups and out of the 8 was a female and she was black as the midnight sky.You could see she was gone be close to perfect in build , she was the pick of the litter and yep I knew it.I think back to a man that helped me out a many of times.I will never forget the expression in his face and his eyes lit up like light bulbs whrn I handed him over this female.I knew right away I had fucked up lol a d she proved me to be right.He told me one day , he said don't EVER give your best dog away lol.Live and Learn.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

By the way , nice story chuva.

5. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Damn, Chuvalofan while you were working all that double time this summer, how did you have time to fit in a writing class???
    OH what some hard work and a good braek will do for you. you seem like a renewed man and I really enjoy all of your last writes as well...
    Thank you for thoughtfuly writing some good stories of interest...

6. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Thanks fellas.

Not sure about renewed EP lol but I lifted the weight of $$$ burden from my shoulders and got everything looked after, myself and Mother included. As a result of my years as a soldier I have a few ''issues'' lol and when I am stressed I can be like a ticking time bomb and can get very fustrated with the way people speak while online when I just know things would be very different in person...but hey thats neither here nor there now my friend.

Either way it's good to be back on here now that I have time again and I am just as happy reading the many fine threads and posts here as I am contributing what I can.

7. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

I hope that you do get one from her RC. Thanks for sharing.

8. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Your a good man bama lol, that last sentence made me lol...that wasn't so much a slap in the face he gave you as it was a kick in the nads.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol it sure was,I was a young man at the time.Me and him are still friends to this day but my friend is getting older .