1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

This Just In!

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by miakoda, Jan 30, 2007.

1. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I'm on the phone right now w/1 of my husband's friends who works at a vet clinic in Luling, LA (about 20 minutes south of N.O.) & they've got a young female pit bull that was dropped off as a stray & no one has called to claim her. If they send her to the pound, she will be PTS as they don't adopt out pit bulls due to BSL in that particular city.

The description I got is that she is white with blue patches with blue patches around each eye. She weighs in at 53lbs & is on the short side. She looks to have been bred before & might even be pregnant now. However, they are going to x-ray her for me & if she is, I will do a spay/abort on her (NO exceptions!). She's been there for a week & a half now & they said she is very very sweet & loves human attention. So far she has not shown any aggression to any other animals. Her skin isn't in the best condition, but she was negative on a skin scrape leading them to believe that poor nutrition & lack of any kind of care is to blame.

I will be driving down there probably on Saturday to get some pictures of her & meet her.

If anyone is interested in adopting her, I will spay her for free as she has already been vaccinated & heartworm checked (is negative) & they aren't charging for it if I take her. I have waaay to many dogs to take her in myself which I would love to do, but if anyone is in the tri-state area that might be interested, let me know.