1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tick Control

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Bubba, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Whats everyone using for tick control??? We have just sprayed the yard with Permethin (doubt I spelt it right) and it has worked well for us, you can also spray the dog with this stuff...
    BB

2. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

I have been using BIO SPOT. Never hear of what you are using BB . Where could I find some?

Knock 'Em Out

3. Icarus

Icarus O.APBT'S

I have been using bio spot also. Seems to work good so far. Can you get permethcin at the feed store?

4. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Yes you can find Permethin at the feed store (I know I'm not spelling right lol) You want to 10% kind, I'll look tomorrow and get the brand name of what we use, its an oil based product and it works VERY well. I recommend this stuff highly, we have used BioSpot as well but like this stuff better.
    BB

5. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

Please let us know. Like I said before I use BIO SPOT but if there is something better I'd like to try it out since you highly recommend it. ;)

Knock 'Em Out

6. 3BK

3BK Pup

...we use a local TICK/FLEA Powder here in the Philippines. Quite CHEAP! And it works like hell!!! It simply dries out the Ticks and kills them. And when you check the next day the Ticks are all on the floor.... dead! I use this around their space and kennels too to prevent other insects and Ticks/Fleas from infesting again. I tell you it WORKS!

YiS...

7. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

DurVet...I think, 99% sure is the name of the stuff. Its 10% Permethin. The feed store should carry it. Its a super concentrated, oil based product. Should run you about 25bux for the bottle, but you only use a couple ounces per gallon of water. Put it in a yard sprayer and hit the yard and the dogs...
    Hope this helps...
    BB

8. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

Thanks BB!!! ;)

9. red_light

red_light Pup

what's the name of the tick/flea powder you use rude dog??

10. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

This one will save you lots of money.

Go down to the local CO-OP and purchase the gallon jug of Tick & Flea Remover for Horses - about $19. Just squirt a little on the back of the neck every 30 days........no fleas, no ticks......no big $$$$$$$$$

11. 3BK

3BK Pup

Try using the Powder made by BAYER-Philippines or PETGUARD... it WORKS. If u want the more expensive stuffs, try using FRONTLINE. When u use this.... just a few applications and your dog's free from external Parasites.

YiS...

12. Game Time

Game Time Big Dog

Try useing Hi-yield plus 38 containing 38% Permethrin. I get mine from my feed store.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->