1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tight Mayday (Ch Mr. Mayden to Triple D) breeding

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Dr_jitsu, May 24, 2008.

1. youngheeler

youngheeler Big Dog

thanks thats all i needed to know

2. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

not to get off topic here, but i always found maydays name to be a little ironic....

3. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

You got big plans for that lil pup already. Arent you jumpin the gun a lil early as far as what 2 breed her with tho?? Or are you just concerned with pretty papers?? Not knockin ya, just a question.

4. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

I think allot of people get bit by the bug SO bad all they can think about are dogs and the pedigrees that made them, wanting SO BAD to MAKE one a GREAT one.... i think we've all gone thru that stag where bulldogs takeover every thought and we think and study every possible thing that we COULD do to get that GREAT ONE... nothing Wrong with studying, Planing, Hopeing, Wishing, Praying, Plaining and Plaining more.... hell It's a whole lot better to plan YEARS ahead then to stick two any ol Mutts together....

5. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Very tru RC. but...

When breeding, you are trying to improve on a dog and breed into her what she lacks. If you havent ran the dog thru the ringer how are you gonna know what to add into the mix? You cant do anything by just looking at papers.

6. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

You are so right... people just assume that the dog will make and will be a so and so type of dog. like IF ALL GOES AS PLAINED this is what i want to do...... If the dog turns out this way then i want to go this way and so on and so forth.

But you know the saying get 3 guys to talk about breeding and you'll get 5 different answers on the best way to breed.. lol same goes with conditioning as well.

7. Marduk

Marduk Pup

I am sorry...I may sound a beginner...or just ignorant...but let me see I understand...You plan to breed a dog that now is 3months and a half old?????
    She seems to come from game bred dogs... shouldn't you wait a bit...(an year or so) and find if it DESERVES to be bred? Well this is just me asking... since we are talking about Game Bred dogs...and not Ped Bred dogs... IMO would be wise (for sake of the breed an to all that are lucky to share their lifes with these wonderful dogs) to wait and see...

All the best...

8. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

umm, it says in his post that if she turns out as expected he would breed her to... and since she is the pick off of proven blood it would be a fairly reasonable assumption that she will...it doesn't hurt to plan ahead, but it can hurt to not plan..
    but thats just my opinion

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
  9. ThePostMan

ThePostMan Guest

If I was trying to start a foundation of dogs from this line my first foundation breeding I would keep it as tight as possible so later I could do as many crosses as possible until I got the complete package.
    If that was my bitch I'd breed her to Gr Ch Yellowman....he's a better dog than Mayden hands down:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=288574

Otherwise I'd breed her to a pure or as close to pure bolio proven stud and work from that...the bolio will put the mouth back into your dogs that you might loose from them being so tight.

Goodluck...