1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

tips from Detroit Animal control

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by catcher T, Dec 12, 2005.

1. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

The Detroit Health Department
    Detroit Animal Control
    <HR color=#0000ff SIZE=6>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NO DOG FIGHTING. UNDER STATE LAW IT IS A FELONY TO FIGHT DOGS OR TO EVEN HAVE IN YOUR POSSESSIONDOG FIGHTING EQUIPMENT, SUCH AS TREADMILLS.[/font]

This was under some "tips" for the Detroit Animal Control, I called them and asked them if someone were to have equipment such as this and some dogs with no evidence of fighting, could they be in "trouble" for owning this equipment, and they said they did not know!

2. gee shows how smart they are doesn't it...

3. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Thats sad, they say the same thinga bout springpoles and flirtpoles... tools for fighting.
    Like the average person doesnt want a well conditioned dog... if you want your dog in peak physical condition you must be doing something illegal with it. yeah, right.

4. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

that is just silly. oh yeah thats like saying because i keep a lighter at my house i smoke. people do have things that can have dual purposes.

5. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I just called and left a message at the mayor's office about this nonsense. I informed him that treadmills and other things like flirt poles are used to train game-dogs for competition. I also told them they need to stop punishing the dogs because they were the victims in all this.

6. dianabol

dianabol Big Dog

lmfao sounds like they are on crack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Good, are you expecting a response? Are ya familiar with Mayor Kwami Kilpatrict? He is something else. The city is just a mess

8. pulldoginks

pulldoginks Banned

What a crock of BS not all people who have a treadmill and pit bulls are dog fighters. I have one and i don't fight my dog I don't even game test. I just like my dogs to be in the best shap they can be.

9. bdub

bdub Top Dog

commie govmnt!!!!!

10. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

What if you had a mill/springpole/break stick and a bunch of Chihuahuas?

11. to them u'd be a reformed dogfighter or a mere participant... hey they arrest people just for watchin' so theyd probably still harass u...

12. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Well, I got in my car and went to 23 and Jefferson in Detroit, right by the bridge to Canada, just spent the last couple of hours with one of the supervisors. I was really quit impressed with her knowledge on the apbt's, she knew her stuff, she personally dosen't think all pit owners with excersise equip. is quilty of fighting, she looked right at me and said "that equipment is good for those working dogs" we struck up quit a good conversation. It is the City not her and she said that there is nothing anyone can really do if they see you with this equipment. I went there because I was bored and sick of christmas shopping, which I don't do to much of anyway. From what I gathered, there was some decent people there, I am sure there are the usuall garden variety jackass's just like anywhere else, but, as a whole most of them are trying their best.

13. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

They might not do anything about the equipment by itself, but throw in a couple dogs that have a few scars from a kennel accident or simply rough play, and someone may find themselves in handcuffs.:(

14. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

from what I gathered, they just don't have the manpower, they just layed off 17 employees. The prosecutors are so busy with bigger crimes in Detroit, that it would have to be such a huge dog bust before they even look at it for a case. It is so bad there. All the employees cars had those steering wheel locks on them LOL, I had one of my dogs in my truck, no need to lock LOL