1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Todays staffords it's a shame

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by dogman2007, Dec 13, 2010.

1. If that ques is towards me,then i have 2pp rotts in the garden,that would use you as food.
    :dogstare:So i wouldnt have to feed them !

2. dogman2007

dogman2007 Big Dog

there are plenty out there better or just as good as any apbt. and guess what they are KC registered!

is this a wind up ??

3. ToraLiffa

ToraLiffa Pup

How many stafford breeders is there that are keeping and breeding working dogs? How many litters are they producing each year?

4. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

It was,nt aimed at you but at 12 gauge...R

5. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

I agree there is a lot of history around staffords but thats all it is.. history..Iam going to leave this site...and leave you's to your fantasys about staffs...R

6. red eagle

red eagle Big Dog

if u come back use a diffrent name and not rickyb because you are not

7. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

yeap psycho linebred but i believe he'll make it one day! :dogstare:

you have the choice to believe what i say or not. that's the beauty of it.
    so long R and good luck with your pits

8. OnTheRocks

OnTheRocks Moderator

He is.... But he was never as associated with Staffs as people may think. The Psycho line where created by others after he parted with the dog. He did most of the work with the dog tough, no one can take that from him.

He and the rest of the Irish dogmen parted with the Staffs a long time ago. The stuff that has been kept to a high standard and worked up until this day has not been associated with Ireland for a long time. The worked and reputed Staffs of the last decades has been in the UK or in Europe and Scandinavia (or as a few famous dogs who where moving between these locations, and atleast one spent time in all three.)

Some of the other Irishmen tough does not share his views on the Staffords another well reputed dogman is quoted saying "I regret quiting the staffs, if we would have kept them and bred them for as many generations as we have done with the Pit bulls they would have just as high standards today".

Ricky is right when he sais the Staff is second to the APBT, but again. The whole world is full if APBT´s there is only a handfull of Staffordfanciers that actually give these wee dogs a fair chance. Any poker player would understand the difference in odds.

9. nobody

nobody Banned

ontherocks, i can only agree with what you are saying on this 1.

For some it may be hard to accept but the % in good staffords are to low.
    I think there are still a few good dogs out there but the gene pool is not that big as they think.
    From what i can read and follow it seems that in the UK the fellows know each other and communicate and deal with 1 and other, that's a good thing.
    What i have been told from a friend, is that in the EU, there is a lot of envy and resentment towards each other.
    Do not think that as long that wil continue these dogs wil have a future.
    No the future of modern days staffords is A frame hopping, lure chasing and standing in a ring looking pretty, so at the end of the day the owner can show of trophy's and brag how good there dog is and how it 'could' stil work jmo.

10. Well written mate. iv no doubt R.b is a good bloke, and i think you had a direct hit when you quoted another dogman,Staffords would of been just as good quality had the dogmen stood by them. but massive effort has been put into apbt whilst the staffords popularity has diminished consequently disturbing the quality of the gene pool. I do beleive the same as the said dogman that if full attention had been exercised on Staffords then we would have dogs to rival any apbt IMO. and yes by numbers alone and good breedings the apbt is top dog at this moment in time. However i do feel that an equal no of game bred staffords and the same no of apbts both at full strength and peak condition bred for gameness,then i favour the stafford pound for pound. Of course this is all conjecture and theory and we would be a long way off ever proving it but i do belleive that a true game bred staff when this breed was firing on all cylinders would beat the apbt pound for pound. When you take all this into consideration,then i think R.B should show more ettiquete on a SBT forum..

11. tamthebam

tamthebam Big Dog

A true game bred staff in it's original form and a game a.p.b.t. are the same thing! That's the problem nowadays, real British gamedogs are very rare!

12. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

I LOVE THIS SITE, DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA.........LOL

game staffords where never bred in large numbers...check the records , see if i lie?...you cannot lock in gameness.............its counter productive to the basic laws of reproduction and evolution,through nature............
    and whats all the crap about staffords vs apbt?........i guess every one who owns a apbt has a box bred legend in the making..lol.........or are those same people going to except that they have watered down imported blood whos best days was decades ago........or maybe their out their competing in the mythical international fastlanes, ...lol.......yeah right......

13. what a load of old bollox,. / ,.now your saying u havent used staffs in 20 years nor has all the other irish dog men? anwser me this why then have u been telling all uk folk that have been buying dogs from u all these years that there all from well tested stock / u have said that your good friend dog men from eire still use them ?but now u say the havent used them in 20 years? have heard u send a white dog over the past few years saying it was well tested /a real killer lol come from active dog men kennel that still use staffs/turns out to be one of the worst the men had seen/aparantly u try to sell the same guy who got it from u a game dublin red dog for 700 to 1000 euro ?this is what wee heard #but do u say on certain days no one uses them /then when thers a buyer for them all of eire dog men still use them?

14. Tigerlines in your experience if two breeds at the same weight posess true gameness,what other factors/traits are involved/needed to make a winner?

15. jacko

jacko CH Dog

spartacus am not t lines but hope this helps..gameness ,a hard mouth,wrestling ability,stamina,ring savvy ,& having a good day.! helps..:dogkiss:

16. jacko-when you say "ring savvy" what do you mean? do you mean it uses the area to its advantage?

17. The Manc

The Manc Pup

He, does an experienced worker;)

18. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

ed reid had a vid that shows a staff v pit in the 70's and he commentates on the match. He describes the valour of the staff but the match is only going one way.......mainly due to the reach of the pit. both were black dogs.......but that staff never quit but was the under dog from start to finish.......need to be picked up IMO

yis

19. jacko

jacko CH Dog

nbo shamr in that !!!!!!!!!!!111

20. jacko

jacko CH Dog

no shame in that """ i meant to say sorry