1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

tonkawa kennels new breeding

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by yessir, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yessir

yessir Pup

Just wondering if this is a legit kennel and what do you guys and girls think about their new breeding.
    HOK'S SHOTGUN X MIDDLETON'S BRACEFACE.

2. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

al will go 4 the breeding...

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

That's a real breeding. He also has Braceface's littermate, Middleton's Grim Creeper for sale who is a belly mate to Braceface and my Redrum dog. Johnny 5, another littermate, also has shown well. These dogs are already good at closing their mouths, can't wait to see what that heavy Eli bottom brings to the table. Think i'll call that the captian crunch litter ;)

4. LOS ALTOS

LOS ALTOS Pup

If this is the same tonkawa that owns the dog tomahawk, I wouldn't waste my time. This guy ripped me off on a pup. I sent him a deposit and he never answered my calls after.

5. AGK

Don't know if its the same or not but he answers when I call.

6. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

7. AGK

Benthere, I Doubt that breeding is the same fella.

8. hardluck

hardluck Banned

i like the top half, but not so much on the bottom. too much going on for me, the dam looks nice though go with your gut and not what people tell you....

9. benthere

Well it was posted by Tonkawa and the thread listing them for sale was started by Tonkawa. Maybe there are two Tonkawas?

10. AGK

Hardluck, just curious as to what you mean by too much going on With the bottom? Its a Bolio x tombstone dog bred to an Eli dog.

11. Texican

Texican Big Dog

12. diva

diva CH Dog

13. benthere

Yup that's who I thought it was. I rest my case.

14. preme

preme CH Dog

15. hardluck

hardluck Banned

AGK I just mean that i dont know too much stuff on the hemphill dogs. im sure its ok stuff or it wouldnt be arround, but i just like the combination with bolio, tombstone to kept with Red boy, Jocko blood. If it were crossed just bolio, tombstone and that Boudreaux stuff that would be cool also. Something like these breedings, im thinking of getting one off of http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=372551
    or
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=309472
    Is alot better than that extra touch of Hemphil that i again mention that i dont know to much about and maybe its because i am biased i dont know. Thats all i meant by too much going on for me.

16. hardluck

hardluck Banned

I love the Boudreaux / Garner crosses and also think tombstone, bolio bred into it is a nice addition that will complement it very well ( Garners Dynomite is an example) . I have a El negro dog, and I want to breed it pure to keep those familly traits, but if i cross it it will be to a heavy Tombstone, Bolio bred BitcH. The way HOK'S Shotgun is bred with that heavy skull/ maverick crossed into heavy tombstone, bolio stuff i think would be great I just dont know too much about hemphil. But it is up to YESSIR to decised how he wants his dog bred dont go of my thoughts or anyone elses the dam is a conformation Ch and why not get it. it looks like it will have a nice looking litter. im just biased i guess.

17. AGK

I like how the dogs in the open are bred nothing more nothing less. I don't know a lot about tonkawa kennels other than a few conversations and that he has 2 littermates to the dog in my avatar and one of them is the bitch that is in the op's First post that was bred to an Eli dog. As for the hemphill comment I got no idea where that even came from since that bitch ain't down from hemphills dogs and either is the stud? And benthere, not sure what case you were tring to make? If it is the same person makes no difference to me, I don't have dealings with the man other than he is interested in breeding to one of my dogs. I can't speak for the man himself as far as his breeding practices go as I pay more attention to my own dogs than concern myself with what others are doing..

18. benthere

AGK you responded to the question about the breeding, I was reponding to the first part of the OP's question. The case I was trying to make is that I would not get a dog from the man. Sure, the pedigree may be nice but, the man behind the dogs is more important than the actual pedigree. It is their eye & judgement about dogs that decides wether they have a yard full of good dogs or a yard full of garbage. I personally would not trust the judgement of anyone feeding and breeding 'Klassic' dogs. The OP asked if Tonkawa was a legit kennel. Anyone who has a 1 year old dog at stud for $1000 is not a legit kennel in my eyes.

A wise dogman once said, "All the dogs I cull are well bred", meaning his yard had reached the point where every dog on his yard had an excellent pedigree, but that he still had to cull dogs that didn't make the grade just like he always had. I think people are often blinded by pedigrees. What is more important is who bred the dogs and why.

19. AGK

I like that, excellent point of view and I agree with you. I don't know the Guy and your right, The man behind the dogs is much more important than the pretty pedigres are. I emailed him this thread so as he can come explain his side of it but don't know if he will respond. We'll see I guess..lollol

20. TONKAWA

TONKAWA Pup

Wow... people talk too much, thanks for informing me about this thread. It sounds like it is just a few school girls crying and spreading rumors... benthere, I agree that the most important thing is the man who bred the dog, but what do you know about me and what do you know about 'Klassic' dogs? I do breedings to produce bulldogs, not pretty pedigrees...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.